• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! My cockatiel is lost!

witchbaby

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
My boyfriend did something very, very stupid and one of my Cockatiels managed to escape outside. He heard her calling very briefly and then silence. She's just gone. It has been almost 24 hours at this point. We live in the woods and there are so many trees and it's going to be impossible to find her. We spent the whole day looking for her until it got dark.

We were letting her flight feathers grow in, so she's only recently learned how to fly and she's not very good at it. Unfortunately it's been windy the whole time, so who knows how far away she is. We have her cage set up outside just in case. I've posted about it on facebook and we are putting up flyers. I've tried carrying my other tiel with me in his travel cage so she will hear him and call back to him.

I don't know what else to do. I'm so scared for her. She won't be able to find food and there are so many predators in there area. I have no idea where to start looking for her again. She could be anywhere. I can't stand the idea of never seeing her again. What else can I do????? I'm so incredibly upset right now....

18485700_10106698824439602_4158245180612955123_n.jpg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ok, calm down,,,go out and call for her. If she can't fly well...look in bushes, small trees, and on the ground. If she was bonded with another, take that one SECURELY out and hopefully they will call to each other. Hope you find her!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no! I'm so sorry she got away. She's beautiful, I hope you find her. Chances are she didn't go too far. Do you have neighbors you can call to keep a look out, and flyers you can put up? Try to go out early in the morning, right after sunrise with your other bird. Hopefully you will spot her or hear her. You can also put a familiar cage outside your house with her food in it. Good luck!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry your 'tiel flew away. Get out there and start looking. Bring a cage and treats with you. Post flyers and contact neighbors. Put information on the internet regarding your bird. There are several lost and found sites. You can also post the info on Craigslist. Don't give up and keep checking lost and found sites to see if someone found your bird and posted that. Also check with local rescue and humane societies and drop off your flyer with them.
Hope you find your 'tiel.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
if you can put her cage outside and please post the lost on parrotalert.com

witchbaby

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Thank you for the support, everyone. So far I've done all of the above suggestions. I'll be posting on craigslist and parrotalert.com right now.

My heart is broken. I hope I find her soon...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My heart is bleeding for you. I hope she finds her way home.