• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help, my baby Quaker might have eaten plastic

Should i take him to the vet?

• yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

QuakerBlueBaby

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello!

My parrot has taken a piece of soft plastic off of my laptop. I suspect he might have swallowed it. Is the size of this something I should be concerned about? IMG_6976.JPG IMG_6978.JPG

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
This is the wrong section, this the section for people having issues with the forum. An admin will probably move this thread to the emergency section.
what makes you think your bird swallowed It? Birds are good about not swallowing most things.

QuakerBlueBaby

Checking out the neighborhood
Oh my bad, I just joined today. I wasn't able to see the "post new thread anywhere".

But in regards to the bird, he's been chewing on everything. and unfortunately, I have not been able to spot the piece anywhere else.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh my bad, I just joined today. I wasn't able to see the "post new thread anywhere".

But in regards to the bird, he's been chewing on everything. and unfortunately, I have not been able to spot the piece anywhere else.
I have 4 adult Quakers and they are VERY good at chewing stuff OFF and chewing stuff UP but never leaving any trace or remains. They are stinkers about that. I couldn't see clearly in your pix what he chewed off but repost in the Emergency section which will get more attention. And welcome, though I'm sorry about the circumstances.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
There’s a good chance he didn’t swallow it and you may never find the piece. I would watch to make sure he is acting normally, eating, drinking, pooping, etc. If not then a vet visit would be warranted. If it were metal, it would be more urgent.
The plastic would likely pass through if he did ingest it.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby found a foam earplug from work and ate it. I was scared to death he swallowed the missing end but he acted fine and I later found the end on the kitchen floor. He likes to chomp soft things up then spit out the leftovers. It is what they do and it's hard to keep ahead of him and safety up all of it.
Like everyone says he probably knawed on it and spit it out somewhere just keep an eye on him.