• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help me please

Is this natural/normal?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Fuzzy LOL Okay that is a relief! I’ll step off my high horse now!

If it’s a budgie, then feed good quality seed - Volkman’s parakeet seed is what I use. My guys also like corn, pasta, lettuce (to play with), peas. I buy parakeet nutriberries sometimes and crumble them into the food. I might also crumble one piece of cereal, chop an almond into tiny pieces. And of course dont forget the millet!! I gave up on pellets for parakeets. They wont touch them.

What kind of cage do you have? He is going to take some time to adjust. Hopefully he is eating by now. If not, a vet visit may be in order.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I do not recommend feeding budgies fresh corn. It can be one of the precursors to avian gastric yeast. Some avian vets and also agreeing with this. Its a good idea to be knowledgeable about AGY if you have budgies in your life.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for this @Lady Jane I did not know this. I only feed cooked frozen corn. They all seem very healthy. I assume this is okay?

btshopekookie

Moving in
Real Name
Catherine
Hi guys I would like to announce you the good news about Jungkook!!

The good news :

He is eating in front of us and singing and very very happy with us, and he is comfortable to eat or drink with us

The bad news :

He is still aggressive and biting us

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's good that Jungkook is eating and drinking now. Sorry about the biting and being aggressive. You did just bring him into your home so continue to work with him and be patient. Do not force him to step up though or come out of the cage.
You can check out these two sites for information on working in bird behaviors:
Goodbird Inc

Behavior Works

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@iamwhoiam has given you good advice. I suggest your updates go in the budgie section. This section is for emergencies.
I am happy for your progress. Be very patient with him and budgies like routines.