• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help me please

Is this natural/normal?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

btshopekookie

Moving in
Real Name
Catherine
I have had my bird since three days ago from now, and he isn’t chirping, singing or even interacting with me and he has been very aggressive and biting, and I have checked his feeder and water source and it looks like he did not drink or eat food more info ⤵

Jungkook is a 5-6 months old bird that my aunts and uncles had kept for the past month (p.s : they are nice birdwatchers, and they love to keep birds) however, they love to take wild birds and keep them on their backyard, and since I have taken the bird (jungkook) from them I have to be cautious and attentive to him and what he does, lately I had noticed that Jungkook isn’t chirping or singing in the mornings, and he had been escaping from my hand and keeps biting my fingers, and he had been acting aggressive and kept going around his cage whenever I get my hand in to pet him, and I have noticed that his poop is green with a circle of white poop, and he is not noisy as budgies should be in the morning , is this NOMRAL or I should seek a veterinarian for that? Here are info about him ⤵

Name :Jungkook
Living in : apartment complex
House : a cage
Weird interactions : biting fingers, going around the cage, not eating or drinking , a green with a circle of white poop.

Thank you for the help, please answer me ASAP I need help and I am very worried about that!

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Hello, welcome to AA! Sorry to hear your little buddy is acting differently. He may miss his old home, could be hormones, you've only had him for three days, he's probably still adjusting to everything. Three days is no time. I have no idea how you interact with him but maybe let him settle into his new home before asking him to step up, instead, read to him and drop treats into his bowl unless he'll take them from your hand.
What's his diet like? Can you take pictures of his poo? Some people may be able to help if they see it but - the best thing to do would be to call your avian vet, and if you don't have one, to find one.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Hi, please if possible take a picture of the poop, and of the bird, the cage and what you are feeding him. It will us to guide you in what to do. Thank you

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Our feathered friends need better food then just seeds. They need fresh veggies, fruit, pellets.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Oh, can you please tell me what vegetables they can eat?
Go to feathered food court in this forum and read then ask questions.but first please take him to the vet for a check up

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If you could tell us what kind of bird that would be very helpful. As different types of birds require different type of foods

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
and he is not noisy as budgies should be in the morning , is this NOMRAL or I should seek a veterinarian for that? Here are info about him ⤵
Sorry missed this part, so he's a budgie then? Leafy greens and broccoli should be ok, Im not an expert on budgie's diet but I believe seeds are ok. @Mizzely and @Lady Jane should be able to help you more

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
In a new home it is not uncommon for them to be quiet. They don't want to bring attention to themselves around scary predators :)

If he is not eating or drinking anything I would suggest a vet visit. He may not drink or eat when you're watching though, especially if he is leaving droppings.

Seed only diets are usually a green poop surrounded by white urates and clear urine. These images may help:

1F111DAA-FDD2-49A8-9FA2-7029D76C1C15.jpeg

Unfortunately seeds only do not contain the necessary nutrients for a healthy bird. They need other foods, particularly dark leafy greens and orange vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes. Fruits are okay too but many budgies don't like them and they should be limited regardless.

My Chop "Recipe"

Pellets help get goodness into them that can be hard or impossible to get from vegetable sources, like Vitamin D3.

Vitamin D3 for Our Birds

Pellets for Parrots

Budgies do need some seeds in their diet but you can also add other grains that offer more nutrients like quinoa, spelt, and buckwheat.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hi Catherine. Your birds name is unique, Korean right?

basics for a small bird or budgie are seeds, green leafy veggies, orange and red veggies like red sweet peppers and carrots. Cooked sweet potato or small size healthy pasta. We make what is known as chop.. Mixed fresh foods served in a dish or bowl. Some of the greens are broccli, kale, peas romaine lettuce. Some can be hung in a cage with bag clip. Bok choy is ok too. Not much fruit as many small birds dont like it. If you have a large bird the diet is a little different. Pellets make the poo twards the brown color.

Very important for you to locate an avian vet or a vet that will care for birds. Then make an appointment. Birds do not show illness often but can be sick or carry viruses.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Hi Catherine, Jungkook has been with you such a short time. He will be missing his old flock (your aunt and uncle) and familiar environment. Everything is new to him. Please let him have some time to settle in without being touched. If he is biting your fingers, he is not ready for your hand in his cage or being petted. When he is more settled you could see if you can tempt him to eat from your hand. A long piece of millet spray is good to try as he doesn't have to be too close to your hand to nibble one end if you hold the other. Then gradually you can shorten the length so that he gets closer and closer to your hand. This way you are pairing your hand with good experiences. The more you can pair yourself with good experiences, the quicker you will earn his trust.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What kind of bird is he? If he is an adult wild bird that your uncle and aunt caught, then I am going to guess that he is depressed. He should not be kept in a cage. It’s not right to keep a healthy wild bird confined for your own pleasure. I would not expect him to want to interact with you in anyway. He wants to interact with other wild birds. I hope I am misunderstanding what your aunt and uncle are doing, because in my mind catching wild birds to keep for pets is inhumane. It’s especially bad if it is nesting time and a mother is being kept from feeding her babies, who will likely suffer and die.

No one can advise you on feeding without knowing what kind of bird it is. If you dont know, posting a picture would help.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
What kind of bird is he? If he is an adult wild bird that your uncle and aunt caught, then I am going to guess that he is depressed. He should not be kept in a cage. It’s not right to keep a healthy wild bird confined for your own pleasure. I would not expect him to want to interact with you in anyway. He wants to interact with other wild birds. I hope I am misunderstanding what your aunt and uncle are doing, because in my mind catching wild birds to keep for pets is inhumane. It’s especially bad if it is nesting time and a mother is being kept from feeding her babies, who will likely suffer and die.

No one can advise you on feeding without knowing what kind of bird it is. If you dont know, posting a picture would help.
I believe he is a budgie, @rockybird