• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help me help this baby

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keno will not step on the main perch in her cage. She wouldn't go near the original perch so I ordered a different one which more closely matched the color of the main perch in her previous cage. I even tried to put that perch in the new cage but she decided that it was something to be frightened of even though she was perching on it for many years. She generally hangs onto the bars although she does perch on a smaller manzanita perch and a concrete one.
If she is chewing up the perches then get her a harder wood perch such as manzanita. If and when you get a new perch might be a good idea to place the perch near her cage before putting it inside so she can get used to it.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
She's on the new middle perch now, but still won't go up to the cement perch I put up high hoping she would file her nails a bit. LOL She still wants nothing to do with bathing or water either. I've been trying casserole dishes, water in the sink, and she just hides from the mister. I even went so far as to put a little water on my fingers and just rub it on her wee little wings, but she is having none of it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's on the new middle perch now, but still won't go up to the cement perch I put up high hoping she would file her nails a bit. LOL She still wants nothing to do with bathing or water either. I've been trying casserole dishes, water in the sink, and she just hides from the mister. I even went so far as to put a little water on my fingers and just rub it on her wee little wings, but she is having none of it.

One day she will probably surprise you and you'll find her cage paper soaking wet and the water bowl empty. :)

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
well done lovely, she's going to love you for it :heart: youv'e given a sad and worried bird, hope.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson