• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Help me. Baby cockatiel not eating!!!

Heath Cliff

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi!
@barry collins I brought a cockatiel chick of said 3 months, she got same problem as yours, she wasn`t eating her first day then i put her in a cage (she likes being in it) . I left her alone there in cage for sometime for her to get used to the new environment which was effective she would beg me for food, the second day she started eating like after every 3 hours i was relieved she would eat easily through syringe willingly. But the 3rd day she lost her appetite, she wouldnt eat anything at all, she moves back from syringe while begging for food but won`t eat it and open her beak. i was able to force feed her a syringe but now its the 4th day and she still same and won`t eat. Please let me know if you any solution to this. I cannot try the solution which helped you (as i do not have any other chicks).

barry collins

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barry
Try a youtube video of other chicks feeding and play the noise next to it while offering a syringe but let it come to you pretend you are feeding your phone.... see if that helps.
Is it flying at all?