• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help identifying this nut?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
So, my aunt gave me the last of an unsalted nut/seed mix she bought over the weekend, and I have no idea what one of the nuts are. It's got pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, walnut, hazelnut, and these big.... Thingies.

I just want to make sure they're safe before crushing and offering some to the berbs. I'm fairly certain they've been cut in half? IMG_20180916_132331807.jpg
IMG_20180916_132556700.jpg

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Safe! The ones on the right are Uhm what are their names in English again? I believe Brazil nuts:) henkie’s favorites! The round one could be a macedonia nut or a hazel nut? I think the first one. Although sometimes I do have weirdly shaped brazil nuts so it could be it is one too.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The one on the left is a hazelnut or a filbert nut (same nut). The different names for the nut depend on where you're from.

The one on the right is a half piece of a brazil nut.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
The one on the left is a hazelnut or a filbert nut (same nut). The different names for the nut depend on where you're from.

The one on the right is a half piece of a brazil nut.
The second picture looks like a Brazil Nut to me.
Brazil nuts provide selenium.
Safe! The ones on the right are Uhm what are their names in English again? I believe Brazil nuts:) henkie’s favorites! The round one could be a macedonia nut or a hazel nut? I think the first one. Although sometimes I do have weirdly shaped brazil nuts so it could be it is one too.
I'm thinking it may have been a strange looking hazelnut. Or some sort of gremlin masquerading as a nut. :p

Good to know that I have Brazil nuts, though! I've never tried them with my flock, it'll be interesting to see if they like them or not.

I wish my aunt had kept the packaging. It'd make my life easier.

IMG_20180916_132310784.jpg