• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help, cockatiel sleeping at bottom of the cage and poop is yellowish white

lovebird33

Meeting neighbors
Hello,

It is Saturday today and all vets in my area are closed till Monday because of labor day.

I need some urgent help. My whiteface pied cockatiel is sleeping at tge bottom of his cage todaywith his head tucked at the back.

I noticed his poop is yellowish white which is not normal.

Is there anything I can do? What could be the reason? I got some antibiotic which the vet prescribed for another bird a few days ago. I completed the course and have enough to give another course. The antibiotic is amoxycilin. Please help with your experience. I know you are not vets but your experience may save my bird. Please help

i am posting some pictures of the bird AB03CB55-6E5E-402A-AEEF-30B99029537C.jpeg 48CCB97C-DD9B-4EEE-B47B-BA359C23EC7F.jpeg

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Is there an emergency vet you can visit?

Giving medicine to an undiagnosed bird is very dangerous. I would not recommend that.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am sorry he is sick. Keep him warm and put his food and water where he can easily get it. Have you tried looking for an online vet until you can get him to an in person vet? I hope he will be ok.

@Birdbabe ?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My educated guess would be liver issue.. I'm not a vet..you need to have him examined at the vet. Please never give a bird medicine that was prescribed for a different bird with a different issue..just keep him warm and hydrated .unflavored Pedialyte is a great thing to have around .. for hydration....orally or given in a syringe..till you can see your vet..make him as comfortable as possible. Did this suddenly come about? I Hope he will be ok..

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Did you get ahold of your vet? Hope hes ok..when you get an appointment..gather the freshest poo ..put it in a shotglass.
.cover it with plastic or a piece of saran wrap..to take with you.. hoping the best for you!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
What has he been eating? Does he have a cuttlefish bone?

lovebird33

Meeting neighbors
He is eating fine, in fact eating and drinking more than he usually does. He is pooping a lot too.