• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help choosing cage, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAmandaYall

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Amanda
Need help narrowing it down to one cage, please. If you have any suggestions on other cages the max. room I have is 24"l x 24"w. If you have either of these cages, would you please post pictures? Thank you!

#1. HQ Opening Scroll Top with Cart Stand Bird Cage at PETCO

HQ Open Small Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com
(Same cage as above? but it says wire spacing is 3/8", not 1/2" like above..)

#2. HQ Opening Victorian Top with Cart Stand Bird Cage - Cockatiel Bird Cage and Conure Bird Cage from petco.com

HQ Bird Cages Victorian - Presented by BirdsComfort.com
(Same cage as above? again different wiring spaces?)

#3. Clean Life Playtop Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

#4. Amazon.com: Vision Bird Cage Model M01 - Medium: Pet Supplies

Last edited:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I have seen various posts on her that the open tops can be quite dangerous. From my memory, the issue is they can suddenly slam down possibly pinching or trapping a little one. I done know why it happens, maybe the birds get fiddling with latches or something, which seems certainly possible to me. I always liked playtop models because it seems to just add to thei space and you are getting more cage per $ and footprint.

and welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy being part of it.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
As Katy said above, open top cages can be dangerous.

#3 is just way too small (in my opinion) for a parrotlet (they are very active).

I don't have experience with the Vision cages, but I believe a lot of people on here do not like them.

Is there anywhere else you could put the cage so you have space for a larger cage? Parrotlets are very active little guys.

My guy has this one EZ Care Dometop Flight Cage for Small Birds, Small Bird Cages for Canaries, Finches, & Parakeets for Sale Online | PetSolutions and uses every inch of it - I honestly wish it was even bigger.

ItsAmandaYall

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Amanda
I live in a travel trailer, I did move some stuff around. But by one 2 inches..so now I have 26x24"

Status
Not open for further replies.