• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! Bird frequently urinating

Logan

Moving in
My new gcc "eagle" is a playful little psitticine, but I have a problem. He is frequently just urinating. I just fed him apples, and he only drank the juice, and discarded the actual apple. Does this have something to do with the lack of feces?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Did it just start? Have his others been normal? Stress, excitement, or a liquidy food can make dropping more liquidy. They should go back to normal fairly soon though if that's the case. If they don't, it may be time for a vet check. A wellness check is a good idea anyway for a new bird if he hasn't been to one yet.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I feed apple every other morning and they do cause cheekys poop to be mostly urine fore awhile. She also chews the juice out and discards the pulp

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My new gcc "eagle" is a playful little psitticine, but I have a problem. He is frequently just urinating. I just fed him apples, and he only drank the juice, and discarded the actual apple. Does this have something to do with the lack of feces?
correlates directly, there should be some poop later during the day. Are you seeing poop at other times?

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Luna my TAG loves to dunk her food in her water dish. So she is constantly peeing. Because of her constant peeing, I add Gatorade to her water. That way she doesn’t flush out her minerals and electrolytes.
I honestly think her food dunking is a learned behavior from us. We love to dunk cookies and the like with our coffees and cocoa in the morning.

(Luna was given a clean bill of health by my local avian vet, before anyone asks. She just likes her pellets soggy I guess)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I wouldn’t give her Gatorade, it has a ton of sugar and is not good for her. Did the vet recommend something to replace minerals or even think it was an issue?