1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! Bird frequently urinating

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Logan, 9/18/18.

1. Logan

Logan Moving in

My new gcc "eagle" is a playful little psitticine, but I have a problem. He is frequently just urinating. I just fed him apples, and he only drank the juice, and discarded the actual apple. Does this have something to do with the lack of feces?

saroj12 likes this.
  2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Did it just start? Have his others been normal? Stress, excitement, or a liquidy food can make dropping more liquidy. They should go back to normal fairly soon though if that's the case. If they don't, it may be time for a vet check. A wellness check is a good idea anyway for a new bird if he hasn't been to one yet.

geff likes this.
  3. Donna turner

Donna turner Jogging around the block

Donna
    I feed apple every other morning and they do cause cheekys poop to be mostly urine fore awhile. She also chews the juice out and discards the pulp

4. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    correlates directly, there should be some poop later during the day. Are you seeing poop at other times?

5. FlyingMacaws

FlyingMacaws Strolling the yard

Naomi
    Luna my TAG loves to dunk her food in her water dish. So she is constantly peeing. Because of her constant peeing, I add Gatorade to her water. That way she doesn’t flush out her minerals and electrolytes.
    I honestly think her food dunking is a learned behavior from us. We love to dunk cookies and the like with our coffees and cocoa in the morning.

(Luna was given a clean bill of health by my local avian vet, before anyone asks. She just likes her pellets soggy I guess)

6. BertAllen

BertAllen Walking the driveway

Doesn't Gatorade have a lot of sugar in it?

Shezbug and Tiel Feathers like this.
  7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I wouldn’t give her Gatorade, it has a ton of sugar and is not good for her. Did the vet recommend something to replace minerals or even think it was an issue?

8. FlyingMacaws

FlyingMacaws Strolling the yard

Naomi
    I apologize I give pedialite and I give less than a teaspoon full. And maybe every other day.

Brittany0208 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)