• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help bath issues

Trevor Jeffs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Trevor Jeffs
After jacks bath time he has been acting funny and puffed up and I've been trying to keep him warm but he is still looking like this

Attachments

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
How warm is he? He looks like he could be chilled. 80 degrees for a bit might help, or if you can put him in the sun.

Trevor Jeffs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Trevor Jeffs
House is at 78 I put him by my vent and turned the heater up to 80,

Trevor Jeffs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Trevor Jeffs
How warm is he? He looks like he could be chilled. 80 degrees for a bit might help, or if you can put him in the sun.
See above also I've never seen him like this after a bath it is scaring me,

Trevor Jeffs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Trevor Jeffs
He is good now he must have been cold and acting like he was dying, first time I've seen him do that after his bath. Sorry to think it was urgent I apologize for wasting everyone's time

Attachments

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Glad he's acting more like himself!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
No worries, better to ask if you’re unsure! I’m glad he seems to be okay. 78 should be plenty warm after a bath though, so it doesn’t seem like he should have been too cold. Keep a close eye on him to make sure everything seems normal. Has he ever gone in for a check up?

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Maybe he just stayed in too long - like a kid at the beach? I think I'd keep on eye on him and how much he's eating for the time being. He's a cute little guy!!

CupcakeKeator

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
Maybe he just stayed in too long - like a kid at the beach?

So Glad he's good now! And that could be possible.

I know sometimes by birb loves to just sit under the running water with his eyes closed for a bit. I usually have to remove him myself, or he'd prolly just stay there all day. HAHA. He really loves water. Splashing and playing in the running water is his favorite, he tries to hold the running water with his foot. I try to tell him that doesn't work LOL. but...he does what he wants.