• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent HELP ASAP

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
If the bird was not acting so sick I would probably wash it off.
Although I feel the bird would be better with the oil off it I would not want to risk it as is in a very distressed condition & would not want to cause more stress without vet advice/assistance.

Risking washing could introduce further complications such as chilling a sick bird may be too much if it has skin or lung burns.

It is best not to treat a bird with anything but water without vet recomendation.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
get the bird to ER vet now. let us know what happened please??

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Is this the site that recomended this????

Its terrible!

I was almost thinking we were on a jest rouse but this seems to mimick
what was said...

They need to retract this!

Pet Birds Infected with Bird / Biting Mites | Beauty of Birds

I thought this was a good site for information but it seems they are posting information that is daangerous to a birds health.

Sure you can dose them in gas & light it...sure that will kill the mites too,,,

DON"T DO IT!

So they post a disclaimer!!!!

Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers.Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.

BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!

SHAME!!!!!

tacotaco

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeremy
I'm not very experienced with birds but....am I far off for assuming that maybe the fine particles of olive oil being made by a spray bottle can be really bad for a bird to breathe in????? Knowing how sensitive their respiratory tracts are ???? In fact would any living creature do good when breathing in oil???? just saying

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yeah the respiratory is what concerns me. I hope he updates us with what happened.

That site, grrr. They used to have a LOT of really bad information....then they got a little better. I hadn't seen that one. No idea who owns it.

That is the problem with believeing what you read online. But recently I read someone's comment that "it was just a book, not something reliable that you find on the Internet."

Ugh.