• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!

ElisaS

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elisa Jarvi
When I was deciding on which species I wanted I watched many youtube videos of different variety's. You really learn alot about their personalities this way. Happy hunting!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I worked night shift 20 years with 12 tiels, four budgies, two lovebirds, two green cheeks, three Poicephalus, four canaries and one African Grey. Once you get used to the sounds the birds make, you will sleep through just about any sounds they make! In truth, my 12 cats disturbed my sleep much more often than the birds.

I love the Poicephalus species which include the Senegal and Myers, and Cockatiels. My favorites.

tyguy35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tyler
I worked night shift 20 years with 12 tiels, four budgies, two lovebirds, two green cheeks, three Poicephalus, four canaries and one African Grey. Once you get used to the sounds the birds make, you will sleep through just about any sounds they make! In truth, my 12 cats disturbed my sleep much more often than the birds.

I love the Poicephalus species which include the Senegal and Myers, and Cockatiels. My favorites.
Would you say your poicephalus are the most quiet. Right now I'm looking into brown heads. I finally found one. My house is very tiny at the moment lol.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Do you have a rescue near you? If you do it might a good idea to maybe volunteer there or just visit the birds they have.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Hen Senegals and Meyers are quieter than cocks of same species. My cock RedBellied is extremely noisy and has a piercing attention call. In truth, the GCCs and the cockatiel cocks are the loudest and wake me easiest. When Emmie CAG howls like wolf, he can also wake me, but he doesn't bowl unless he and Yvonne are watching football.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator