• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!! Im new!!

brandiem

Moving in
Thank you Judy!!! I have to go back to him tomorrow because of this sore.... But I will look into those... my poor girl!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did some research and Neurontin can be prescribed for birds with ABV, PDD and mutilation. It helps control the pain on the nerve endings of the body. However, it is warned that blood tests to check for liver and renal function should be done prior to administering and while on it if long term as it can cause a decrease in their functions.

"5) Gabapentin (Neurontin®): Birds that exhibit seizure activity or evidence of nerve-related pain (i.e. feather damaging/mutilation) may benefit from this medication. Other methods of pain control may be required based upon patient response.

brandiem

Moving in
Thank you SO much!!! She goes today at 2:40 and I need to decide if I want a collar put bak on her or not......

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If a bird is mutilating it is highly recommended that they stay collared. So much damage can be done and it can be life threatening. I would keep the collar on and look into the Picky Parrot collars or these: Don't know if you have Face Book or not.
Protective Parrot Petals by Pam | Facebook
Let us know how the visit goes.

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Yes,...let us know how she is doing??