• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello From Northern California!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylakai

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Kim
Hello all!

I just wanted to introduce myself and my family. I'm Kim and my husband is Erik. I have two step kids...a late teen daughter and a preteen son. I'm a preschool teacher by day and a photographer whenever the mood strikes and on weekends. My husband is a talented tow truck driver...remember to pull away to another lane when you see him or other emergency vehicles on the side of the road! Please please please and Thank-you! :)

For three years, my husband and I had talked about getting a Conure. We researched all the different kinds and how to care for them, but waited until life calmed down for us (We just had our one year wedding anniversary on April 22nd!) and we had more time. We had really admired Sun Conures, but I was really worried about the noise level. Little screams are fine! But too loud...ouch! :( So we decided on a Green Cheek and I'm so glad we did. What an amazing personality packed into a small package! She's been just a blessing in our family and I'm so glad to have a warm cuddly animal again after I lost my cat four years ago.

Here is Emilia or "Emmi" for short...

EmmisAntics - YouTube

Other then Emmi, we have a three year old Snow Corn Snake named Lumi. He's the sweetest snake, very non aggressive and my nightime round the neck pal after the bird has gone to bed (a ritual we had nightly before the bird) and it's wind down time for me and wake up time for Lumi.

Good to meet you all. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site! Matt

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Welcome Kim . You will love it here.:heart:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
welcome to the forum! Your baby is adorable. I have a GCC also, 4 years old now. It is amazing how quiet Birdie is. I was in an apartment for two years and my neighbors didn't realize I even had a bird! We're her if you have questions!:welcome:

Aylakai

Real Name
Kim
Thank-you for the warm welcome! :)

@ Katy...Yes! So quiet! From outside, Emmi's contact calls are softer then a Blue Jay. Lol

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Welcome, Kim. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome!!!!!!!

TomPorter

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tom Porter
Kim,
Congratulations on your anniversary. Good luck and welcome to AA!!

Aylakai

Real Name
Kim
Thanks so much Tom! One year down...as many as I can fit in a lifetime to go! :)

Buzzard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jess
Hi, I'm a newbie snake lover from NorCal, too! They're very friendly here, I haven't been bitten once. Congrats on your new family member.

Aylakai

Real Name
Kim
Hi, I'm a newbie snake lover from NorCal, too! They're very friendly here, I haven't been bitten once. Congrats on your new family member.
Hi Buzzard! Do you own a snake? Or are you talking about wild snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.