• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello everyone exited to be here

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Nova looks like a rascal...those eyes say, "Mischief"...;)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Beautiful Too!! :xflove::heart:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:hello1:

Nice looking too.

Can't help but notice he is in an unfinished basement, garage or attic?

I see ventilation ducts & open walls withe partial fiberglass insulation exposed.

It could be chilly or hot depending on weather/

I see you are interesting in taking in rehomes...just be aware that a too is a very dusty bird & could compromise the health of other birds.

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
That's my house you bum so now you're going to question my home ?

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
Let me tell you something okay I I'm a very experienced bird owner what you think you see you don't see okay yeah you see insulation in the walls because we are doing a renovation those walls are also covered in a very thick plastic none of that insulation is sticking out in free to come out into the house I don't need you to advise me on cockatoo dust as I already own a moluccan cockatoo but you wouldn't know that because you're jumping to conclusions without reading any of my posts since I join this forum I'm not going to sit on here and put up with nonsense that's one reason why I don't participate in forums and in connection anybody thinks that I trying to flip a bird you need to you need to quit being rude because I've got plenty of references and if you'll go back and read on the post I plainly told him that I had any reference he may need youyou guys don't need to be so quick to judge nobody said anything to me when I first initially posted about the Mealy I accidentally ignored their messages because I don't sit on the internet all day and I'm on forums so I don't know how to use them

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That's my house you bum so now you're going to question my home ?
If you are joking, it is not obvious. Please watch your tone. She is only mentioning that exposed fiberglass is dangerous and is concerned for Nova's well being. She is not a 'bum' nor 'stupid'. We are all trying our best to welcome you warmly, but your last two posts do not make that easy.

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Let me tell you something okay I I'm a very experienced bird owner what you think you see you don't see okay yeah you see insulation in the walls because we are doing a renovation those walls are also covered in a very thick plastic none of that insulation is sticking out in free to come out into the house I don't need you to advise me on cockatoo dust as I already own a moluccan cockatoo but you wouldn't know that because you're jumping to conclusions without reading any of my posts since I join this forum I'm not going to sit on here and put up with nonsense that's one reason why I don't participate in forums
Settle down. That is all you had to say. Obviously the clear plastic is not visible in your photos and she was right to express concern. I do not understand why you are getting defensive over someone's well-meaning suggestions. She was trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
Excuse you you don't tell me how to speak and second of all have you ever heard of autocorrect thank thank thank you and you or anyone else needs to be concerned about the health of any of my birds or or my my home we are redoing the house right now

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
What do you mean you don't understand why I'm getting defensive go back and read all of the post today when I joined everyone was nice and all the sudden everybody is jumping at every little thing today the and I don't understand why so you guys can explain that to me why are y'all making a big deal out of nothing today

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Excuse you you don't tell me how to speak and second of all have you ever heard of autocorrect thank thank thank you and you or anyone else needs to be concerned about the health of any of my birds or or my my home we are redoing the house right now
All I'm saying is that you are coming across as extremely defensive and hostile at the moment. Many members have renovated their homes and I'm sure we would love to hear more about that as well, but please do not berate fellow members for expressing concern. I hope your renovations go well.

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
I understand that people may join this forum that are really dumb and have not done any research about birds and all of that I get that okay and I get that there's probably a lot of people that may join any for them just to try to get a free bird that is not me okay that is not me I've even work with rescue groups to Foster Birds nobody needs to just jump to conclusions with anybody and expect that somebody doesn't know what they're doing or what they're talking about and and as you all know you all say I'm coming from a very defensive place but I feel the same about you guys because we're all sitting behind computer screens and we're typing so it's hard to tell somebody's being being defensive or they're just simply putting it out there the way it is and stating the facts I'm not being that defensive you guys sound like you're being defensive to me to some of you do right now so it works two ways

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
And also I'm sorry that you feel that I'm being so defensive but telling me to settle down and that's all I had to say I don't have to say anything I don't owe you or anybody else an explanation. Be a little bit nicer and and learn how to word what you're trying to get across to people a little bit better

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What do you mean you don't understand why I'm getting defensive go back and read all of the post today when I joined everyone was nice and all the sudden everybody is jumping at every little thing today the and I don't understand why so you guys can explain that to me why are y'all making a big deal out of nothing today
Exactly. I see nothing in this thread that should have triggered you. I saw one mention of the insulation, which I was going to mention myself until I saw that someone else had already brought it to your attention and immediately after you are calling her stupid. If it is not on this thread then you cannot assume the other posters on here are aware of whatever other issues you are having.

Timothy86

Meeting neighbors
I will be deleting my account so it was nice being a part of this for him but I will be leaving this for him so you guys don't have to worry about me anymore being defensive thank you and have a nice day

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
I don't think she was worried about your current 'too being around the dust so much as future birds you might bring home. Cockatoos, african greys, and cockatiels' dust can cause a lot of problems for non-dusty birds.

It can be hard for intentions to come across through text, but no one on this forum is intentionally mean and only cares for the well being of the birds.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I understand that people may join this forum that are really dumb and have not done any research about birds and all of that I get that okay and I get that there's probably a lot of people that may join any for them just to try to get a free bird that is not me okay that is not me I've even work with rescue groups to Foster Birds nobody needs to just jump to conclusions with anybody and expect that somebody doesn't know what they're doing or what they're talking about and and as you all know you all say I'm coming from a very defensive place but I feel the same about you guys because we're all sitting behind computer screens and we're typing so it's hard to tell somebody's being being defensive or they're just simply putting it out there the way it is and stating the facts I'm not being that defensive you guys sound like you're being defensive to me to some of you do right now so it works two ways
Even seasoned bird owners need a little help now and then. That's what we're here for. And I do understand how easily words can be misconstrued without the benefit of being face to face. I was upset by the unnecessary name-calling of one of our very respected, long term members.

And also I'm sorry that you feel that I'm being so defensive but telling me to settle down and that's all I had to say I don't have to say anything I don't owe you or anybody else an explanation. Be a little bit nicer and and learn how to word what you're trying to get across to people a little bit better
Exactly. It sounds like we're both trying to say the same thing. I do think that you will see that we point stuff out to each other all of the time and that it is not meant to make anyone feel bad. :)