• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heating Help

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
Update #4
It seems my tub is 8 gallons, and since it was bought after I bought the heating pad (1-5 gallon size), it doesn't heat up. It also falls off when I put it on the side of the tub, and when I put it on the bottom, Faust acts as if its too warm : (.
Also, he won't eat. How long should I wait before I take the mouse out and try again another day? I assume because he's Mr. Explorative (I found him on the shelf between the lid and the tub LOL he was fine, no escaping, just trying to be arboreal) he's too excited/stressed to eat. I'll try again in a few days, he should be fine right?

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Electrical tape might benefit you there :)

Provided your garter is used to eating that size mouse just make sure it stays hydrated, etc. I wouldn't recommend keeping live rodents unsupervised with your snake if you're using live. I like frozen/thawed but to each their own. Might need a few more days to acclimate, so long as your garter is in decent body shape a few days won't hurt. Could be just needs temp regulated and time to get used to the environment first. This however, depends on the last meal eaten as well to provide more accurate info (which I am not sure of, though you've probably mentioned it in one of your first posts).

At 1:30am I'm not motivated to look back through them :lol:Still working on switching shifts.

Hope that (maybe) helped though.
:o:

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
Electrical tape might benefit you there :)

Provided your garter is used to eating that size mouse just make sure it stays hydrated, etc. I wouldn't recommend keeping live rodents unsupervised with your snake if you're using live. I like frozen/thawed but to each their own. Might need a few more days to acclimate, so long as your garter is in decent body shape a few days won't hurt. Could be just needs temp regulated and time to get used to the environment first. This however, depends on the last meal eaten as well to provide more accurate info (which I am not sure of, though you've probably mentioned it in one of your first posts).

At 1:30am I'm not motivated to look back through them :lol:Still working on switching shifts.

Hope that (maybe) helped though.
:o:
I'd never feed him live; he ate the mouse after I let him alone for a bit. I was just afraid of it going spoiled if left in there too long; he gets fed once a week, and hadn't given me any issues prior.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Awesome Opossum :dance4:

One of my snakes doesn't like to eat while being watched either. Usually I feed them in the evening that way by night if nothing is eaten everything can be cleaned out. But all mine for the past few years have eaten every time.