• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heat-Exhausted Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Poor baby....she just ran out of energy...maybe she wanted to be found so that is why she was there?

Claire, I got a ride the other day form a co worker to work....there was a turtle starting to cross the road..we were a little late. My ride did slow down and go around, but did not stop to get the turtle out of the road:( I am in no position right now to do that, so I worried all day and wondered it the turtle was ok. I wish we would have stopped.
I always stop and give them a lift across the road :)

Hubby has doubled back before on the way to work to bring them here - we have a large yard and it is 'turtle friendly' we usually have 3 or 4 here at any given time - they always show up at feeding time ;)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I always stop and give them a lift across the road :)

Hubby has doubled back before on the way to work to bring them here - we have a large yard and it is 'turtle friendly' we usually have 3 or 4 here at any given time - they always show up at feeding time ;)
:D Auntie Gg!! One day I will personally show up for feeding time!!:p

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
LOVE people like you!:heart:

I was at the Emergency Vets a few weeks ago with my ferret. In comes a young girl, maybe 18. She is holding a kitten that was panting and in obvious distress:(. The Vet ran out, the receptionist, the assistant...they all came running. The Vet says "Mam, we are taking her to the back to start an IV. She is obviously dehydrated" The young girl looks at the Doctor and told her she had no money. Literally all hands went up and all 3 of them took 3 steps back from the kitten.

We need more people like you, thank you.

I did end up having a melt down at the Vets that night. I paid for the kitten to be euthanized and held the girls hand while the baby was being put to sleep. So sad people don't do the right things anymore, sad.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOVE people like you!:heart:

I was at the Emergency Vets a few weeks ago with my ferret. In comes a young girl, maybe 18. She is holding a kitten that was panting and in obvious distress:(. The Vet ran out, the receptionist, the assistant...they all came running. The Vet says "Mam, we are taking her to the back to start an IV. She is obviously dehydrated" The young girl looks at the Doctor and told her she had no money. Literally all hands went up and all 3 of them took 3 steps back from the kitten.

We need more people like you, thank you.

I did end up having a melt down at the Vets that night. I paid for the kitten to be euthanized and held the girls hand while the baby was being put to sleep. So sad people don't do the right things anymore, sad.
Janice, that story is heartbreaking. :(

I have to give "local country vet" credit. He did not charge me for looking at kitty and even gave her the wormer for free.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I mapquested the very center of Ohio (since I don't know what town you reside in) to Mechanicsburg, Pa and driving the optimal route (I-71 N to I-76 E) , the calculation is 6 hrs 36 mins / 389.11 miles. Long drive, but if someone lived between you, very doable.

Liana
I appreciate the thought, Liana; but, I don't know--it's pretty far. According to Yahoo Maps, based on my location, it would be closer to 450 miles. A little over 7 hours.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for opening your heart to her Holiday.You're a wonderful person!hugs to you both.

Liana

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran

I appreciate the thought, Liana; but, I don't know--it's pretty far. According to Yahoo Maps, based on my location, it would be closer to 450 miles. A little over 7 hours.

That is a trek if it were just the two of you driving considering the drive back home. I only mapquested the center of Ohio. Too bad. Good luck to you. It's obvious that you will ensure that the kitten will be just fine!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Oh, crap. Seven hours one way in the car? There is no way I can spend that much time driving. I am still recovering from my spinal reconstruction and I am not to drive for more than two hours straight at a time. This is heartbreaking. I can probably scrape together the gas money, but being in the car over such a long period of time will be very bad for my back. I absolutely hate being so limited physically.

I apologize. I should not have made such an offer without thinking about the consequences first. I am not going to be able to come for her; and I really really want that cat. But one must look after one's health. I am so sorry I need to withdraw my offer to take her. Please forgive me.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, crap. Seven hours one way in the car? There is no way I can spend that much time driving. I am still recovering from my spinal reconstruction and I am not to drive for more than two hours straight at a time. This is heartbreaking. I can probably scrape together the gas money, but being in the car over such a long period of time will be very bad for my back. I absolutely hate being so limited physically.

I apologize. I should not have made such an offer without thinking about the consequences first. I am not going to be able to come for her; and I really really want that cat. But one must look after one's health. I am so sorry I need to withdraw my offer to take her. Please forgive me.
No worries, Lois. I appreciate your even considering it. Maybe there will be a more local option :)

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
she is adorable. thank goodness you happened along when you did because in that hot heat she may not have survived much longer

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Can you get ahold of Cat Welfare in Columbus, Ohio? Where are you located? They're a no kill cat rescue and might be able to help or find her a foster family. Bless you for helping the little girl. The world is strangely surreal and strange happenings like that. If you can't keep her for long or are worried with her in your house, I'm in Columbus and I'm willing to foster her and find her a home. I also have a coworker that runs an in home pet rescue I can get a hold of in Reynoldsburg, she just found homes for a litter of kittens and I can see if she has room for just one more. PM me if any of this helps!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you get ahold of Cat Welfare in Columbus, Ohio? Where are you located? They're a no kill cat rescue and might be able to help or find her a foster family. Bless you for helping the little girl. The world is strangely surreal and strange happenings like that. If you can't keep her for long or are worried with her in your house, I'm in Columbus and I'm willing to foster her and find her a home. I also have a coworker that runs an in home pet rescue I can get a hold of in Reynoldsburg, she just found homes for a litter of kittens and I can see if she has room for just one more. PM me if any of this helps!
Kristen, sorry, I just now saw this. I'm just over two hours from Columbus (although that is where my avian vet is), but thanks for the input. I'm hoping someone here in town or across the river can take her...

Status
Not open for further replies.