• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Healthy or not?

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Link
Do Totos feathers look healthy?
DSC_0461.JPG
He's 2 years old in Feb. and hes mid molt. Also, yes, I'm letting his flights grow in. Had him since he was 2m and he's always been like this

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Under the wings is never what you want to base it off of lol. That area always is crazy on any bird

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Under wing is always gonna be a bit patchy. Looks good from what I see, but maybe provide another pic? :roflmao:

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I think there maybe something up with his diet. In the 2nd pic his feathers seem to have black stress marks (is that what you call them?). Although it could be from something rubbing against the feathers...do you pet all his feathers of just his head? Towel him often? Tell us a little about his diet?

Last edited:

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Link
I think there maybe something up with his diet. In the 2nd pic his feathers seem to have black stress marks (is that what you call them?). Although it could be from something rubbing against the feathers...do you pet all his feathers of just his head? Towel him often? Tell us a little about his diet?

He eats zupreem pellets mixed with some seeds, dried fruit, etc and fresh fruits and vegetables. My dad pets him all over (even though I say not to). I do not towel him often, only after he gets soaked from a bath. Also the flash was on, here's how it looks in normal lighting DSC_0440_1.JPG

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
That picture looks totally different. They need fresh fruit and veggies so keep that up. If this pic is more of what his coloring is he looks fine....just don't know why on the other pic the black was so pronounced. Tell dad I said he was damaging the little guys feathers : ) You might also want to tell dad he is going to create a hormonal mess if he doesn't stop...and you know who he is going to pick to demonstrate that behavior towards....dear daddy

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Link
That picture looks totally different. They need fresh fruit and veggies so keep that up. If this pic is more of what his coloring is he looks fine....just don't know why on the other pic the black was so pronounced. Tell dad I said he was damaging the little guys feathers : ) You might also want to tell dad he is going to create a hormonal mess if he doesn't stop...and you know who he is going to pick to demonstrate that behavior towards....dear daddy
Sadly, it's already started.
You can see his feathers a bit more realistically in this one
20190103_213028.jpg

Attachments

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Yes, I am seeing stress marks. Is he molting? Tell dad what he is doing and to keep some distance for a while