• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Healthy Diet for a Bourke's parakeet

caklock

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
Healthy diet for our dear companion animals is so important! Pinky Tuscadero loves purslane right from my garden. I leave a bit of soil on the roots - Australian grass parakeets forage on the ground and eat quite a bit of clay and soil. I also have some food-grade bird clay that I sprinkle on my Australian birds' food (Pinky, Ruby, the budgies). Today for breakfast, Pinky dives into Purslane, chopped egg (she likes the whites the best) and green peas. My Bourkes's parakeets also get seed 1/4 finch seed mixed with 3/4 parakeet seed.

Way to eat your veggies Pinky Tuscadero!! :cantwait:

IMG_2003.jpg

Tommymarshall

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
I don't need to know what you're guys eat, as I have different birds. I just popped into your forum it hopes to see a pic. And there was!!!!! Keep posting! But more importantly remember the pics of theses cutie pies

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What a great breakfast and lovely model!

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
Pinky Tuscadero!!
Your Pinky girl is lovely and I :xflove: :xflove: :xflove: your name choice! I may be a little biased, though; I had the fortune to love the most loving Californian rabbit, a breed that has pink eyes. His shelter-given name, which we kept, was Pinkerton. I often called him Pinky Pinkerton, among other silly nicknames. :D

My parents had two wonderful Bourke's years ago. Both were sweet, but the male was especially so--and one smart lil' guy, too. He made me develop an immense love of the species.

DS

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Always nice to see what others feed their birds. She looks like she's loving her purslane! Great photo! Thanks for sharing!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Absolutely love her colors! Very pretty birdie!
:fairy: