• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Head in my mouth??

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
All these behaviours boil down to the simple thing of DNA/smell/taste. All of the substances our bodies make (mucus, saliva, ear wax, blood, skin and hair oil) all contain our personal DNA/smell/taste. Our birds want to taste us. Dogs and cats do the same thing. Remember we like to smell our birds, dogs, cats too.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All these behaviours boil down to the simple thing of DNA/smell/taste. All of the substances our bodies make (mucus, saliva, ear wax, blood, skin and hair oil) all contain our personal DNA/smell/taste. Our birds want to taste us. Dogs and cats do the same thing. Remember we like to smell our birds, dogs, cats too.
Because we :heart: to eat & get those feathers up our nose!;)

Oh my goodness! Echo does this as well! It’s hilarious and sometimes I’ll just leave her there while she presses her whole beak against my nostrils
We do this nuzzle type of thing usually 1 time a day! It's our little special time! :smug:

Chickadee85

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
This thread has me :rofl: I'm laughing so hard reading all the funny things everyone's fids do. My Loki likes to stick his beak up my nose, in my mouth to check for snacks(?) and in my ear. He has also started grooming my eyelashes, I have to stop him it gets a little scary with such a big beak that close to my eyeball. My tiels like to nibble on every scab they see like "here mom let me take that off for you....yes, yes that's better. Now you are bleeding a bit where you were not before I took the scab off, but lets not focus on that. I saved you":laughing12:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This thread has me :rofl: I'm laughing so hard reading all the funny things everyone's fids do. My Loki likes to stick his beak up my nose, in my mouth to check for snacks(?) and in my ear. He has also started grooming my eyelashes, I have to stop him it gets a little scary with such a big beak that close to my eyeball. My tiels like to nibble on every scab they see like "here mom let me take that off for you....yes, yes that's better. Now you are bleeding a bit where you were not before I took the scab off, but lets not focus on that. I saved you":laughing12:

Scabs! :omg: :coffeescreen:

My daughter has a beauty mark right where a necklace pendant would be. Buddy bites @ it every time! She gets all mad :mad:

She hollars @ him & I say...
Quit yellin @ Buddy... Your the knuckle head that let him by your chest. It's only like the 1,000th time he's done that!

Now repeat sentence above every time she pops over...

:rofl: