• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He thinks everything is his....he bites

Sunraesunn

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sundae Oneil
I have a3.5 month old male lovebird .had him about a month and we are bonding good.he seeks me out if I'm not in the same room with him.he sits on my shoulder,leg,arm or just next to me.recently he thinks everything is his .the phone a shoe a spoon and is very aggressive about it.he is biting now.not a nice nip but a bite .so much of a bite if I am trying to trade whatever it is he is taking possession of for a treat he will bypass the treat and go for my hand.and will bite if I don't pull away..he has even been sitting a few inches away playing and then jumped up on my arm and bitten out if the blue.what can I do to stop this? Or is there a better method then putting him back in his cage when he is behaving this way.i let him Rome freely in the house and only close the cage door after he has bitten or is behaving aggressively.i really need help with this .I love my new little friend but the biting has to stop help

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hi are you sure your lovebird is male ? DNA tested ?

if he bites say no biting and put him down on a perch or somewhere safe turn your back if he comes back put him down again for a few minutes he should soon realise that he shouldn’t bite I wouldn’t put in cage as that’s their safe place and shouldn’t be a punishment

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign: to the site :cool: