• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He talks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Yoshi was hanging out with me on the couch today. He was doing his usual chatter while all puffed up and clicking his beak. Then he starts going through the sounds that I make to him. He has been doing this for a few weeks. It is about 4 different noises.

Then came....Tweet Tweet Tweet, What are you doing?, Peek a boo, something I can't make out but it ends with birdie. I think he is trying to say you want to hold the birdie.

I was in shock! He is about 8 months old and I figured he wouldn't talk. Just to hear Yoshi say it all at within 10 minutes was amazing! I really can't believe it. :jawdrop:

I wonder why he hasn't said Yoshi or Yoyo yet. We call him Yoyo instead of Yoshi half of the time so my 20 month old can say it.

How many different things does your parrotlets say?

IMG888.jpg I hope I did the picture right! I'm not good at this stuff!

Last edited:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Such fun!

My male parrotlet talks up a storm and started at a very young age. He says:

"whatcha doin?"
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty!"
"Pretty bird"
"that's a good boy!"
"Do potties"
"Can you do potty?"
"Peekaboo"
"Gimme a kiss! Muah muah muah"

And much more!

Their little voices are so cute!

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Oh wow! He says a lot of things.

He wasn't very loud while talking, but I guess when they get more confident it will be louder and more clear?

Vicki

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Yoshi looks so content! I have a talker also...started slowly at first and now he learns new phrases very quickly. He says, Thank You kiss kiss, What you doing? What did you say? You little stinker. Pretty boy. Pretty girl. Baby boy. Rio.
A new breakthrough lately is a bit of interaction when out of his cage! Lots of fun and he speaks clearly and LOUDLY.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how smart is that!! and what a cutie!!

Nevermores Mum

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kacie
My Pacific Parrotlet "Jaxson" is a yakkity fella too... And he looks VERY similar to your handsome little devil! Jax says "step up", "pretty bird", "good bird", "uh-oh", "no bites" & "goodnight". I made no effort to train him to say these things either. He also imitates many sounds including a lightsaber toy, faucet dripping, coughs, laughing and a farting noise he learned from my son! Their little voices are SO adorable too. Unlike any bird I have ever had expirience with. It isnt super clear in the traditional human sense, its quite "birdish", but 100% understandable! Out of all my birds, Jaxson is the chatterbox. I have no doubt your little guy will surprise you with a ever expanding vocabulary.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
What a pleasant shock to hear something you never thought you would from Yoshi. I know you would have loved him just as well anyway, but still....what a smart little fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.