• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hawk-headed Parrot Roll Call

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yay! As some of you may know, Chester is 10 years old now. He is quite a content HH but yet seems timid at times. I've had him since 2005. I just took these current photos of him.

Attachments

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is the picture of perfection Jan!! Absolutely gorgeous feathering :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
They are all so gorgeous! At the Miami Zoo they have a HH. I took some pictures, but they didn't come out very well the sun was setting right behind him. I'll post them if you want. I swear that when I was taking his picture he was flirting with me. :hehe: I could have watched him all day. :)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks Jill... and you know what? I rarely see him with his Ruff/Crest up in a full spread! I did more so when I first had him but rarely any more.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Golden conure, uncape, grey, hawkshead and pineappple conure, and a copper(?) pionus.
Bronze-wing Pionus (BWP). For me the list of species you mentioned in preference would be something like this: HH, Cape, BWP, Golden Conure, Grey, etc. But there are species I would have over all of these.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
I have to say that I don't think I've seen a prettier bird than a Hawkhead!:heart:

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Bronze-wing Pionus (BWP). For me the list of species you mentioned in preference would be something like this: HH, Cape, BWP, Golden Conure, Grey, etc. But there are species I would have over all of these.
Do tell!! What other species would come ahead of this list for you?

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Do tell!! What other species would come ahead of this list for you?
In no particular order, RFM, Mealy Amazon and MM2 to name but a few. There are maybe one or two other parrots but that's as far as I will post here. That's just the psittacines. If we were to include softbills the list would be vast.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Excellent choices! I knew someone who was breeding BWP but found low demand for them and eventually gave up. I saw several of her babies and can say definitely that pictures just do not do that species justice.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
These photos just make me want a hawkhead. ;u; My goodness!

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
Seems like we need more hawkheads here!

Well, here's Griffin! He was recently surrendered to the rescue I volunteer at. He's an absolute sweetie - loves giving kisses, getting pet, saying "bay boy", and doing the usual high-pitched call they're known for. His beak is quite overgrown, so we're going to be working on getting that worn down with toys and such. I can't wait to spend more time with him in the future! IMG_20211124_153707_103.jpg IMG_20211124_153707_151.jpg