• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hawk-headed Parrot Roll Call

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
From a breeder in Florida, her name is Beverly O'connor. Zoey is amazing. Every day she makes me smile. She never seems to get upset or angry. She just flits around the house. I have her in a huge avian accents cage that I got off of Craigs list. It is full of toys and looks like a circus in there! She is a good eater. Loves fruits, birdie bread, beak appetite and of coarse her seed. She will eat anything we do.

So far so good! I am sooooooooo happy to find people how have HH's!!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I have her in a huge avian accents cage that I got off of Craigs list. It is full of toys and looks like a circus in there!
Wow, very nice. It's exactly what HH need. I would love to see the cage setup if you have a chance to take a pic one day.

She is a good eater. Loves fruits, birdie bread, beak appetite and of coarse her seed. She will eat anything we do.
The HH appetite is legendary. They certainly eat a lot for their size. :)

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
From a breeder in Florida, her name is Beverly O'connor. Zoey is amazing. Every day she makes me smile. She never seems to get upset or angry. She just flits around the house. I have her in a huge avian accents cage that I got off of Craigs list. It is full of toys and looks like a circus in there! She is a good eater. Loves fruits, birdie bread, beak appetite and of coarse her seed. She will eat anything we do.

So far so good! I am sooooooooo happy to find people how have HH's!!
I wonder if our HH's are siblings. My aviary buys most of their birds from a woman named Beverly in Flordia as well. Mine is 7 months old, his little brother is almost 7 months old, and I think the pair also had another HH baby, but not sure where that one is. I wonder if that one is my HH's sibling. Was your Zoey one of the first of the HH's clutch? I believe the HH parents had mine first, and 2 after, laid at 2 week intervals, hence why mine is 2 weeks older than the others.

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
I guess I should add that most of my birds are actually bought through the aviary which purchase them through a Beverly in Flordia. My HH, My Timneh, My Senegal, and one of my Eclectus have flordia bands, and are from her.

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
I wonder?? She did mention her sibs were all males and they went to the DC area to someone that she often sells her birds to. In fact they said they will take all her future HH babies. She was a very caring lady and loved Zoey so much! I guess we could be related!

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
I wonder?? She did mention her sibs were all males and they went to the DC area to someone that she often sells her birds to. In fact they said they will take all her future HH babies. She was a very caring lady and loved Zoey so much! I guess we could be related!
Then ours ARE siblings, since the aviary where I got mine is just outside of DC :)
That's so awesome!!!!!!!:dance4:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Really nice cage. That is cool if you have siblings.:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a small world!! How cool :D

She sure is a gorgeous girl:) How do you like the cage? They seem really interesting with the clear front.Is it hard to clean at all?

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
Love the cage, I have three of them. One has the wire front which is my preference but you can't be picky when you buy off Craigs ist, as these cages are way to expensive to buy new. I find them very easy to clean and boy do they keep the room clean with the side guards

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bumping this up since we have quite a few gorgeous hawkheads that arent in the roll call :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

demelzazz

Moving in
Real Name
Midge
[Meet Pele,he is now 10yrs old. He was my first ever parrot, I still adore him, even though he demands 100% respect and 100% attention! As a youngster he was the sweetest softest boy you could meet, but once he attained maturity I have had to be very careful near him, he see's me as his mate, and will kiss kiss, then attack, and he does it claw and beak! The only way to have my soft little bird back is to wing clip him, I did it a couple of times when he was younger, he would be sweet with me, but as he loves to fly, I felt that he was paying the price for my pleasure. So he is happy sharing his flying space with 3 other birds and kissing me through the bars:cool1:,
I am so thrilled to see other hawkhead people, They are quite scarce as a pet bird over here, a lot of breeders will have the chicks DNA sexed and only pull the females for hand rearing as pets, they say that they are safer than the male. I may have scars and marks from my feisty little fellow, but I couldnt be without him.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Welcome to the HH trail of Avian Avenue Midge and Pete!:hug8: We are so happy you have joined. That is a stunning photo of him.:heart:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad to have you with us Midge!! Always great to see another hawkhead. They are just the best parrots ;) At what age did Pele start to change? My boy Cassius has shown slight changes (he will be 3 years in April) but he is still just such a sweet boy. They certainly are no joke when they are being fierce!! :eek:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Beautiful Hawkshead. They are so gorgeous. Do they talk and how smart are they?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Very vocal, not real talkative. Cochise knows every whistle there is though..lol. Extremely smart!:)

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
I used to be into the talking thing butnow that I am a "grown up", I feel that whatever the bird does is fine with me. Although I have to admit that my English Budgie says at least 10 phrases. If he were larger, more intereactive, and had a big voice like a Grey people would think he was a prodigy.The thing I have learned, especially from being on these recent forums,is to understand bird behavior much more and work around the behavior to be more accepting. Kind of like the Golden Rule. Now...here are my favorites for today..Golden conure, uncape, grey, hawkshead and pineappple conure, and a copper(?) pionus. At any rate..for now I love the one I'm with:) I would like to see a mousebird just because they fascinate me.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Well...you are in south Fl & so is Susanne.:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Incredibly intelligent, for sure. Not real talkative but they are great at communicating what they want, dont like, need you to do, etc. :hehe: I feel that they dont bother with words what they can tell you in their own way, haha.

I have to add Ringo to the list now :heart: Import HH (not tame but a handsome bird for sure).

Attachments