• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hawk-headed Parrot Roll Call

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cassius checking in :D

IMG_4865.jpg

I got Mr Cashew September 21, 2007. He was hatched on April 16, 2007 - he's a baby from Old World Aviaries. He is dna-sexed male (lucky me, because thats what I was hoping for). Cashew is my best pal, he really couldnt have been a better fit for me.

Lets see the rest of the hawkies here on Hawkhead Trail :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cochise, giving a sweet kiss to all his HH friends.:)

Cochise is a DNA sexed male, rescued from a bad situation. I was told he was six, but recently had his band removed which has 95' on it. I got him April 25,2009 for my 50th birthday. It has been a process to destress him and work with him. He is doing so good now, doesn't bite like he did when he arrived. He is very sweet and affectionate to me, but still very nervous and I just have to move slowly around him. He is adorable and I love him to pieces.:swoon:

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey

Gryffin is here! He hatched June 22nd 2009. He is DNA sexed Male. I've known him ever since he arrived at the aviary, as I visited him every day, and he got to come home in October 09. He took a while to wean- he's a good begger :) In fact, when we go back to visit the aviary, when he sees his handfeeder, he starts begging again! He is an all around clown, loves to beat up his toys (he's really into foot toys, loves to shake cat toys with bells in them), loves to make his hawkhead noises and shreek with joy when playing on his play gym. He's very sweet most of the time, but also strong willed :) He loves taking a shower, and loves my Timneh grey. Will step up and go to anyone. Talks a little bit, he'll say "Hello" "Step Up" and laugh. Also occasionally yells "Woohooo!!!". He knows when its bed time, and goes right to bed when the sun goes down. He loves fruit and veggies, but is most excited to taste my drink. I can't imagine life without him. I've read about hawkheads, and am interested to see what the future holds as far as his personality is concerned. Looks like we might be in for an adventure :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Come on, lets hear from the other HH's on the block.:flowers2:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
yes, where is Attu & Shemya, Chester, Zeva and Monster?

Thanks Carole :) That pic cracks me up. Its like he's giving the "arent I handsome" look. :lol:

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Introducing Taboo & Voodoo!! They are youngsters -- about 7 months old now. They are extremely playful and a delight. I have videos of them that I should see about posting if others here care to see them. In the meantime, here are a few photos of these two partners in crime! :rofl:

Below is Taboo's baby photo when he was only around 11 weeks old. Darling, isn't he?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I :heart: Taboo & Voodoo!! YES for videos!!!! :laughing12: :yah: for Hawkheads :D Where/who did you get them from? They are absolutely precious :kiss2:

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Taboo and Voodoo came from a breeder in the Miami-area. They are like two little monkeys! So active, alert and extremely playful. They are fully-flighted and boy, do they love to use their wings! They are very skillful fliers.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
No new pics, but here is our Shemya and Attu buddies.

Attachments

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I LOVE watching them in flight!! I can only imagine what it is like to have two :heart: Cassius is one of the most amazing acrobats in flight I have ever seen. Im glad your two are able to enjoy flight also :yah:

Thanks JR!! I could never get tired of that pic - they are just stunning!!!!

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Woohoo for Voodoo & Taboo and :wow:!! Double trouble twice in a row! Attu & Shemya looking good:cool1: I wonder too what it would be like to have two sometimes. Now that Cochise can fly he is really getting skillful. He flew out of the bird room and landed right on Troy where he was sitting on the floor the other day. These are very special birds. I just love them.:loveshower:

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
Zoey is my HH darling. She is about 6 months old. I am very interested in learning the best diet for them as I know how critical that is. She is comical and funny, loves everyone and goes to anyone. I want to keep her that way.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Zoey is my HH darling. She is about 6 months old. I am very interested in learning the best diet for them as I know how critical that is. She is comical and funny, loves everyone and goes to anyone. I want to keep her that way.
Awwwww, how sweet, do you have a pic of Zoey?

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
:welave: Dana! :)

Not sure how to add a photo to a post? She is in the album under my profile
You can post pics inside threads by clicking on 'manage attachments' in the 'additional options' section of the reply page. You will then be redirected to another page where you'll see several 'browse' buttons. Click on one and a dialog box will appear where you can search for images on your computer. Once you selected all the images you wish to post, click on 'upload' and you should have the images embedded in your reply. Submit reply and the images will then be visible in your post on this thread. That's one method you can use to post images.

Hope this helps, or better yet...

southernbirds

Just wonderful to see these beautiful photos of your birds. Lucky all of you to have these amazingly beautiful Hawksheads. So glad to see this thread!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome Dana and Zoey!!! Great to have another HH here :D Where did you get your beautiful girl?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awesome! Another hawkie & her mom. Welcome to Avian Avenue and HH Trail!:hug8: