• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Have you ever seen such a rotten dog

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cute! :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a cute face! Pitbulls crosses are among my favorite dog 'breeds':heart:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Precious :xflove:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Omg, she's is adorable! :) :) :heart:

I love Pit Bulls, they're the most misunderstood breed of dog. They're such sweet hearts, and in my opinion, not those horrible aggressive dogs a lot of people say they are.

Is she a rescue pup from a shelter?

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Oh my goodness, what a cutie! It's a shame larger dogs (mainly pits, rotties, etc) get such a bad rap. I've had rotties my entire life and they're just big silly babies. Pitbulls are great! I've never met a pit who hasn't been super friendly and happy!

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
We went to a bowling event recently that was basically like a fundraiser for our local animal shelter. There, they brought in multiple dogs all wearing vests saying "Adopt me!" I wasn't surprised to see that ALL of the dogs they brought were either Pit Bull or Pit Bull mixes. They brought the dogs up to people to meet them, and we were introduced to a brown Pit Bull named Cuddles :). She was ADORABLE! She was very sweet and just wanted a lot of attention! I would have brought her home if I had it my way :). The sad thing was she was covered in a bunch of scars, particularly on her face. My guess would be she was either abused or used as a fighting dog for sport, as that's the most common with Pit Bulls. Scarred or not, she was adorable, and overall a very beautiful pup!

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Oh my goodness, what a cutie! It's a shame larger dogs (mainly pits, rotties, etc) get such a bad rap. I've had rotties my entire life and they're just big silly babies. Pitbulls are great! I've never met a pit who hasn't been super friendly and happy!
Exactly! I've met several Pit Bulls, not a single one has been aggressive!

It's really terrible if you think about it; Pits are probably the most mistreated dog breed in the world. First, they have a bad rep, like you said. Second, they're used as fighting dogs for sport (a lot end up dead or injured from this), and you hear a lot about Pits being abused. Just watch the show, "Pit Bulls and Parolees," and you'll see what I'm talking about. A majority of their rescued Pit Bulls have been abused and dumped before rescued.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I couldn't agree more! Bad training and raising makes for an aggressive dog. My lhasa apso Kely was once attacked by two Staffords, but I don't blame the Dogs, they were just in a situation where they appearently felt that they had to attack. If the owners had been responsible it wouldn't have happened. I love the bigger dog breeds, pitbulls are one of my favorites(together with rotties, dobies, german sheperds and Huskies) breeds:heart: