• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone bought a parrot from Oisellerie PLB?

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Just wondering because I have been trying to get a hold of them for a while. I have emailed them 2 times and messaged them on FB 2 times. They are in Quebec and are French Canadian. I swear I have seen some English on their FB and they say they ship across Canada. My brother in-law is French Canadian and he said he would talk to them on my behalf if they do not speak English.

They have got to be one of the most reputable breeders in Canada. I just wish they would respond!

Oisellerie PLB Aviary: Nutrition of the Psittacine

Sorry for making a new thread after my other one. I was talking with the owner of the Hawkhead I was going to buy and he says she is not banded. I thought that was unusual for an expensive parrot and since I can't go see her in person I decided to back out.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Banding really is only common for large scale breeding populations. And, many owners take the band off later anyways because they are a safety risk.

How long is "a while"? Many small businesses shut down for December and into the new year because of the holidays.

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
That was not the only thing he said about his Hawkhead. He also said he does not remember where he got her...Don't you think that is kind of weird?

I have been trying to contact Oisellerie PLB since last spring. I wish I could find their phone number to give them a call. It's not posted on their FB or website. They also just updated their FB on Dec 27 with available birds.

Oisellerie PLB | Facebook

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
That was not the only thing he said about his Hawkhead. He also said he does not remember where he got her...Don't you think that is kind of weird?
I don't think it's THAT weird if the bird is at least a few years old. Some breeders don't band and it isn't uncommon for owners to remove the band. However, there's always the chance of it being a stolen bird - although I would imagine that someone trying to sell a stolen bird would have some story ready about how they got the bird. One thing you might do is ask to take the bird in for a checkup at the vet before purchasing (a pretty reasonable request) and then have them check for a microchip while you're there.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@SnapV has a pionus from Oisellerie PLB. She hasn't been on in a while though - maybe you can PM her?

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I will ask him if he is willing to take her into the vet. It's just hard because I am across the country and he would probably expect me to foot the bill for it. Which I would understand since he is selling her. I guess I am just worried about being ripped off and I don't want to ask my mom to waste her day off driving around Toronto for me. If I was still back home it would be a no brainer.

Thank you JosienBB, I will PM her.

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Oh, bummer. It looks like I need at least 25 posts to PM someone. Will posting on her profile send her an email?

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think so. @Macawnutz? Post a bunch of stuff in the Welcome forum welcoming new members.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Play some games in the Game Pavillion in the forum called Around the Neighborhood.
It is easy to rack up posts there (and fun)!

Mallie

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone else know of anyone who has had contact with Oisellerie PLB? Just in case I don't get a response from @SnapV.