• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harmony House....fruits & veggies

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
ooh this site is just what i need! I want to start eating better since age is catching up to me and trying to kill my metabolism, and I am so lazy when it comes to food lol. thanks for sharing:highfive:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never purchased from there so I'm hoping that someone here has and can give us a review. They have sampler packs but I would rather purchase individual packs of what I want because I'm not interested in some of the items in the sampler packs. Amazon sells their products and the reviews are mixed although most seem positive.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I really like this: "No added Sugar. No additives or preservatives. Non-GMO. Gluten Free. Kosher OU."

I dry all my fruit and veggies myself just because I cant find suger-free. The first cranberries I bought was 40% added sugar. I will never give my parrots that.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
They certainly have a nice variety of dehydrated foods. I purchased a mixed bag of veggies and fruits from TNT store and Cooper loves it. I mix it in with her regular blend. Its so easy and you can leave them in the feeding dish longer than fresh. Great for those people that must work all day out of the home.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
My mother and I both use those..we love it. We buy for ourselves but the animals get some too.
The fruit sampler is awesome, everything's so fresh. We love the chili and soup mixes too if you're looking to use for humans.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@WalleyLoopey Thanks for that info. Do you just use the fruit right out of the bag? The corn chowder and chilis sound yummy. Are the soups and chilis high or low in sodium?

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
@iamwhoiam I use the fruit right out of the container. They smell so good! I get the bigger little clear containers they come in, I think it was a sampler. It's high, but they usually have a coupon on retailmenot.com. They were actually my mom and I's early Christmas present to ourselves :)
I also use the fruit cooked with oatmeal, grind them to flavor smoothies, etc. I have made some desserts with the fruit as well.

I personally am out of the chili right now as it was so good, so I'm not sure about the sodium. Maybe it's on their site?
I usually make my own homemade chili, but adding their mix to my ingredients (ground beef, tomatoes, etc) made it so much better..I just let it cook in a crockpot all day. You can get the chili mixes plain without seasonings, which is what I did.

I will try to take a picture later! Lol

We love it so much we're planning on going halves on one of their bulk boxes and bagging them ourselves.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Oh, and the fruits are actually freeze dried, which I think retains more nutrients..?
I had emailed the company before we ordered and they told me that most of their fruits/veg come from USA, but they do source from other places when things are not in season...