• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy to watercolor!

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Hey! This year I've been getting into watercoloring, and I really need some subjects! If you posted a picture of your pet, and gave me a little info about them/their personalities, I'd be more than happy to make a portrait and post it!

As I've started watercoloring, I've really found it's helpful to have a feel for the subject rather than just downloading a picture on the web.

Here are some of the parrot pictures I made:
IMG_3606.JPG
(Not done yet)
IMG_3604.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
I know they're not wonderful, but the only way to get better is with practice, right? :)
I'll also do other animals too! :D

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you like doing budgies? I have two. Mickey, the cobalt blue one is a sweet little female English budgie. She loves to be cuddled and does not mind my grooming her pinnies. Murphy, the violet one with white wind feathers edged in dark gray (spangles) is a larger English budgie with a strong will and prefers not be touch too much. He is very pretty.

Attachments

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Very good! You should get yourself some thicker paper for watercolours. The difference is amazing.

Featheredfuffs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Do you like doing budgies? I have two. Mickey, the cobalt blue one is a sweet little female English budgie. She loves to be cuddled and does not mind my grooming her pinnies. Murphy, the violet one with white wind feathers edged in dark gray (spangles) is a larger English budgie with a strong will and prefers not be touch too much. He is very pretty.
Wow those budgies are absolutely stunning! I didn't know budgies could be violet! I'd love to watercolor them!:budgie2:

Very good! You should get yourself some thicker paper for watercolours. The difference is amazing.

Thanks so much! I ran out of watercolor paper a week ago... it's on my to-do list, but I haven't been able to get more yet:hilarious::hehe:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Budgie mutations are ever evolving. Now there are the rainbow and fallow mutations. They are so gorgeous.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Featheredfuffs I like the "Tinysaurus Rex"! We used to call Pistachio "Darth Stachius"; he was so lovably naughty. I imagine Miss Delilah must be the same way?

0610172240d-1.jpg I like this one of Buzzard if you want to give him a go. (without the horrible cord, please) He is a curious, at times demanding mama's boy who likes his stand rolled through the house as I do chores or sitting on my arm quietly jabbering away to me. :xflove: I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

Featheredfuffs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
@Featheredfuffs I like the "Tinysaurus Rex"! We used to call Pistachio "Darth Stachius"; he was so lovably naughty. I imagine Miss Delilah must be the same way?

View attachment 254351 I like this one of Buzzard if you want to give him a go. (without the horrible cord, please) He is a curious, at times demanding mama's boy who likes his stand rolled through the house as I do chores or sitting on my arm quietly jabbering away to me. :xflove: I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd love to watercolor Buzzard! He seems like a wonderful companion:heart:

Yeah, my little Delilahs quite the little troublemaker! She loves running around and playfully attacking anything I seem to be using at the moment, including important homework assignments:lol:

Not to mention she loves throwing my brothers legos on the floor... but she's so ardorable, what else can you do but give them back to her so she can throw them again?:p
QUOTE="Just-passn-thru, post: 2661509, member: 19725"]Here's challenging subjects for you to practice on . Bentley is in the background Isabelle is the foreground
View attachment 254353

[/QUOTE]

Wow! Those are Major Mitchell's, right? I love their coloring, reminds me of a sunset:xflove:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Hey! This year I've been getting into watercoloring, and I really need some subjects! If you posted a picture of your pet, and gave me a little info about them/their personalities, I'd be more than happy to make a portrait and post it!

As I've started watercoloring, I've really found it's helpful to have a feel for the subject rather than just downloading a picture on the web.

Here are some of the parrot pictures I made:
View attachment 254237
(Not done yet)
View attachment 254235
View attachment 254236

I know they're not wonderful, but the only way to get better is with practice, right? :)
I'll also do other animals too! :D

I know they're not wonderful, but the only way to get better is with practice, right?

When I was taking piano lessons, My Very Wise Teacher, would say / ask me ...how do you get to Carnegie Hall ? can you guess the answer ?

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
QUOTE="Just-passn-thru, post: 2661509, member: 19725"]Here's challenging subjects for you to practice on . Bentley is in the background Isabelle is the foreground
View attachment 254353

Wow! Those are Major Mitchell's, right? I love their coloring, reminds me of a sunset:xflove:[/QUOTE]
Perfect description :sadhug2:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Just-passn-thru What an interesting name for your puppy. We have a dog named Jixny. :)

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne