• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Halloween Everyone

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

Hog Island Boa, Albino Rat Snake, Olive-Keeled Flat Rock Scorpion

Fun with a few of the exotic critters. Once a year I do a holiday theme with all my pets (usually Christmas but went with Halloween this time); these pics are only a few among the many I did (I have a little over 10 pets).

The last time I had her weighed (over a year ago), my boa weighed more than 2 of my cats (individually, not combined weight). I knew she was slightly hefty but was still a little surprised.
:lol:

I'm assuming not many people keep invertebrates on here seeing as I couldn't find a section mentioning them in the categories available on the site . I'm a bit of a tarantula fan myself, but after being way from the trade for a few years, I don't have a large collection anymore.

:hween7:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:eek:

kitkat44

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katlin
The snakes are awesome! The scorpion.... :eek:

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
The snakes are awesome! The scorpion.... :eek:

It's been my personal experience that as far as phobias go, more people are afraid of spiders and scorpions than snakes. Before owning any arachnids, I always thought it would be the other way around. For the most part, I was proven wrong.

I love all animals, and what some people think of as "creepy and crawly" I usually think of as cute or fascinating. Thinking back now, I bet I about gave my mother a heart attack growing up on what I might get into next.
:hehe:

kitkat44

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katlin
My cousin had snakes and I held them when I was little, they never scared me for some reason. I am way afraid of spiders though.... :scared5: ...They can get in your clothes and places you can't see without you knowing and bite you :scared3: , but if a snake is that close your gona know.