• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Gotcha Day Elvis!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Happy Gotcha Day to Elvis!

Sorry to hear about the bite..one bite a year isn't bad, though.

He probably was going after the blanket and "overshot" the bite...seeing the way he interacts with you is the same way Cassie interacted with me...she overshot bites a couple times and got me...she realized what happened and actually said "sorry" after it happened. I truly don't think Elvis would bite you on purpose....you mean so much to him...you can see it in his eyes. :heart:

As for the pics...the one that gets me is the one where he's sitting looking down at you, above the open cupboard door.

The look says, "Yeah, I did it...what are you going to do about it?" :hehe::hehe:

Again, Happy Gotcha Day to you, Elvis...and congrats Michelle for surviving a year with one crazy 'Too...:wacky:
I think you're probably right about the bite. I don't think it was on purpose really. And that's sweet of you to say. I think Elvis and I have a good bond. He pretty much trusts me completely which means a lot to me. Now if we can only get Howie and Elvis back on track....

Elvis is definitely proud of himself when he does certain things- like opens the cupboards. LOL. He thinks it is great fun.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
There are days that I tell him there is a reason that God made him cute..... Because he is into everything. I walked into the kitchen this morning to once again find my paper towel roll completely unwound. I don't even know when he snuck in there and did it. More evidence that he's mischievous.....

View attachment 282922

View attachment 282923

View attachment 282924

View attachment 282925

How sweet! He's opening the cupboard for you! :pinkgrin: I'm surprised you haven't found another spot for those dishes & made those two "his" cupboards & filled them with toys. :p When people come over just close the doors so they don't think you've lost it. :hilarious:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Wow!! I can't believe it's been a year already!! :faint: I just love him and am so happy you two found each other :heart:
Happy Gotcha day Elvis :loveshower: I hope you have very many more!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy Gotcha day to Elvis!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Happy Gotcha day Elvis!:bdaycandle:
One year with Elvis already, that is quite some crazy too time!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How sweet! He's opening the cupboard for you! :pinkgrin: I'm surprised you haven't found another spot for those dishes & made those two "his" cupboards & filled them with toys. :p When people come over just close the doors so they don't think you've lost it. :hilarious:
@cassiesdad suggested that I put cupboards in his bird room and I think I'm going to try to do that. The problem with letting him play with the kitchen cupboards is once he opens then, he likes to sit on them and chew them. The fiancé hasn't noticed yet..... Right now, all the cupboards are tied shut so he can't do it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad suggested that I put cupboards in his bird room and I think I'm going to try to do that. The problem with letting him play with the kitchen cupboards is once he opens then, he likes to sit on them and chew them. The fiancé hasn't noticed yet..... Right now, all the cupboards are tied shut so he can't do it.
Once Elvis discovers the "cupboards" in his room, they'll become his! I'd hide plastic items in them too...he'll have a ball getting them out and throwing them on the floor...;)

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
True... Elvis was squawking during Milton's beloved "Price Is Right" one morning...Milty jumped off of me, ran into the computer room, told Elvis, " SHUT UP..YOU BAD BIRD"
Then he waddled back into the room to watch the rest of the program. When I asked Milty if he told Elvis off, he replied, "GOT DAT RIGHT!"
Still cracks me up! :rofl: