• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Happy Birthday Kosmo

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
It really is strange. He's the only dog I've had who will take medication as if it's a treat. I also find that strange.
I wish my baby would take her pills like a treat! The aforementioned rotisserie chickens are what we buy for the dog! She won't take her pills unless she gets chicken with them. She knows when it's "chicken time", and if we aren't up by 8, she won't leave us alone until she gets it! She has big chewable ones for arthritis (she's an old pup) and occasionally the doc will give her a pill to help with swelling. If we don't give them with the chicken she won't take them (not gonna lie, if I could hide my meds in a tasty treat and eat it, I totally would). She's a stubborn old thing! :lol:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Happy belated dog day, Kosmo cutie! :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish my baby would take her pills like a treat! The aforementioned rotisserie chickens are what we buy for the dog! She won't take her pills unless she gets chicken with them. She knows when it's "chicken time", and if we aren't up by 8, she won't leave us alone until she gets it! She has big chewable ones for arthritis (she's an old pup) and occasionally the doc will give her a pill to help with swelling. If we don't give them with the chicken she won't take them (not gonna lie, if I could hide my meds in a tasty treat and eat it, I totally would). She's a stubborn old thing! :lol:

Your dog is a chicken fanatic. Nice of you to buy the rotisserie chicken for her.
Kosmo is EXTREMELY food driven even when it comes to things that are not food and it's not necessarily a good thing. Have to watch him when we go for a walk because he will pick up paper towels, kleenex, napkins, dead leaves and dead flowers and eat them. YUCK. Not always the easiest thing to do when I'm walking 3 dogs. He does understand the commands "leave it" and "drop it" which is a good thing.