• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Handsome Young Man

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So beautiful. And I love the duck too! What kind of harness do you use? I really want to harness train Elvis but the one I have the opening just seems so small. Or Elvis has a big head.

I use aviator bird harnesses. It is the only brand I trust with the very flighted birds I have.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Awwww what a cutie. He/she is looking at your cup like "birds? What about me, I'm cute too!":heart:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I use aviator bird harnesses. It is the only brand I trust with the very flighted birds I have.
That's what I have too. Do you have trouble getting it over their heads?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Are they people’s pets or rescue animals? I’m a bit confused... lol it happens a bit!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's what I have too. Do you have trouble getting it over their heads?

I teach it. If you are just shoving their heads in you will have resistance and ill feelings. ( Depending on the bird, of course ) I do have a few non grudge holders that we "just do it" but a most of my birds are more sensitive than that and I teach it. :)

Start with the leash loop! Ask them to take a treat with your hand through the leash loop. Over and over until it's not a big deal. Pull back until their beak is going through the loop, over and over until you can get the leash loop over their head without a care. Once you get that far lay the leash over thier back, fidget with wings until you have complete comfort with everything. Then you will have no troubles. :)

Are they people’s pets or rescue animals? I’m a bit confused... lol it happens a bit!

I work at a zoo, silly. ;)

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That lynx kitten doesn't look like he has much of a sense of humor. Neat that you get to see them.
How old is Maui? I always think scarlets have old looking eyes even when I know better. He is gorgeous.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That lynx kitten doesn't look like he has much of a sense of humor. Neat that you get to see them.
How old is Maui? I always think scarlets have old looking eyes even when I know better. He is gorgeous.

I think it was his first time out, wasn't out very long as it got hot outside quick.

Maui is going to be 8 in September. :) Goodness I have no clue where those 8 years went. It was yesterday wasn't it?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

I think it was his first time out, wasn't out very long as it got hot outside quick.

Maui is going to be 8 in September. :) Goodness I have no clue where those 8 years went. It was yesterday wasn't it?
Heck, I think I was just eight years old yesterday... time sure does fly by.... like, 54 years ago I was eight! Dang...

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:omg: That’s so cool!!!
I knew you did bird shows but I had no idea that you actually worked at a zoo.
Now I really think you have the absolute coolest job in the world:faint:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:omg: That’s so cool!!!
I knew you did bird shows but I had no idea that you actually worked at a zoo.
Now I really think you have the absolute coolest job in the world:faint:

Yes, most everyone thinks it's the coolest job in the world.

I just retired myself from doing the horse show this year. Vegas costumes, make up, lights/music/grand entrances.. Every little girl calls us the princesses. We dress up and dance with horses everyday....

The truth is there is a lot of poop, and not just the horse kind! ;)

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
The photos are such happy ones! Thank you for making our day! Pilo loves em! :heart::heart: Btw, I had to be careful when I was saying duck duck to Pilo... you know what three year olds are like! :rofl:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I teach it. If you are just shoving their heads in you will have resistance and ill feelings. ( Depending on the bird, of course ) I do have a few non grudge holders that we "just do it" but a most of my birds are more sensitive than that and I teach it. :)

Start with the leash loop! Ask them to take a treat with your hand through the leash loop. Over and over until it's not a big deal. Pull back until their beak is going through the loop, over and over until you can get the leash loop over their head without a care. Once you get that far lay the leash over thier back, fidget with wings until you have complete comfort with everything. Then you will have no troubles. :)

I work at a zoo, silly. ;)
Thanks!