• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Handed birds...

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I was working with Miss Riti on head scritches today, about 5 minutes this time! So I decided a reward was in line so I cracked open a Sunflower seed for her and as she always does she held it her right foot to take bites off it. Poor Cheddar had been in his cage so I let him out and felt sorry about it I gave him a Sunflower seed as well. It was then I noticed that he also holds it in his foot the munch on it...but he uses his LEFT foot! I guess that makes him a Southpaw!

I can't tell how pleased I am with Riti right now I have been looking forward to scritching her for a year now and she just starting to allow it. To be trueful I had almost given up hope. I knew Kakarikis are known to be flighty but she is SO shy that taking a Sunflower Seed from my hand was a HUGE step and here we are with me scritching her little head.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
@Mizzely taught us something: Most parrots tend to be lefties!

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
OK then Riti is the odd one so I guess that makes her a Northpaw?

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Waffle always grabs with her right foot, so she breaks the rules!
Mark, this is so delightful. I'm happy to hear Ms. Riti has a home that's patient with her and willing to do the work to build that trust! :heart:

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
All three conures are lefties. Hmmm, @Mizzely, could that be one type? Nevermind, Waffle is a rightie, so that blows that guess.