• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hand training update

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
so I’ve posted before asking about hand training advice and lo and behold persistence really is the best advice . 0B0144B3-26F9-4555-81CD-33ED3E2EA015.jpeg
She’s still not treat motivated as I hoped but she now happily crunches on some millet in my hand ( I even get some happy wiggle dances ). She doesn’t like to get to far from the cage still, but I can only hope that one day she’ll enjoy relaxing with me as I work .

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Awesome great update!:dance4:

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
Another update , so a little bit of a set back I have a sister who was a little bit to persistent in trying to have Yuki step up to her hand (don’t worry I did tell her calm it down) and now Yuki is once again wary of hands. But perch training is going great she responds to her name and willingly flys to a held dowel up to four-ish feet away . I wanted to add a video but it won’t upload so instead new toy picture 995ECDF3-FA4A-44D8-AF1F-AE07CABE2781.jpeg

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:congrats5:

Tell your Sis, slow & @ Yuki's pave. The slower horse wins the race, & Yuki will like & respect her more.

I'm so happy that you have found a work around for Yuki, in the meantime. I bet she's treat motivated, you just haven't found the right treat yet!