• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested in Iowa needs adopted

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
I asked if I could post this before I did because this little girl is just tugging at my heart strings. I wasn't even sure where to post it at.

There's a little rescue dog that is up for adoption through her foster mom.

Here's a bit about her -

She is the sweetest dog in the entire world though. She loves her humans and really would just love to lay on your lap forever. I think she would do best in a nice quiet home, but she doesn't mind children, dogs, or even cats. She is a spunky happy little lady. I am sort of asking a rehoming fee, that you pay for her spay before she goes home with you. A vet reference and home visit is a must. And you will have no problem with this if you have honorable intentions. She is almost housetrained.
I emailed just to tell her thank you for giving this dog a new life, a future, it just touched my heart. She said -

I wish there was more people like you. I have had no responses on her besides you. She is so amazing for all that she has gone through. Her jaw was broken when she was at the puppy mill and she never recieved care so her little jaw is crooked now, another reason she probably wont be adopted. It just seems that no one really cares anymore!
I had never thought about a Chinese Crested before, but my heart is just aching for this little one (there is more to her story, which she can tell you about if you are interested). She is a beautiful little dog, she sent me a picture of her. I wish we weren't renting and I could adopt her myself, but no dogs are allowed here. :(

The only thing I could think of was to post here with people I know who love animals as much as I do.

Thanks you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
I had to share, that after my doctor appointment today that my doctor is typing up a letter for a companion animal and we are adopting Junie Be. Little thing stole my heart. <3

Is she not a doll baby?

I've got take the $$ over to get her spayed and updated on her shots. Then she'll get her vet work done and we get to bring her home. That gives me time to get all her stuff ready, bed, toys, food, a sweater (cuz it's Iowa and she doesn't have much hair. LOL).

I am so happy that we were able to do it, because no one has wanted to adopt her. :(

Like my daughter said when she asked me why no one wanted little Junie and I said, they think she's not perfect.

Well, she's perfect for our family.

:heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OMGoodness, you're going to get her! Big congrats! She sure is cute!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww! She is adorable! Congrats to all of you!

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
thanks! I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since I posted that. She just stole my heart.

mizbirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tina
Awwww, she's so cute!! Congrats on giving her a wonderful home!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
congratulations Heather I'm so glad your are taking her in....shes simply adorable.Keep us updated on her.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
They are very nice dogs. Mine is quite active though...in a nice quiet way. But I am using mine for performance sports ie...flyball. They are just the cutest little dogs and always seem to be smiling and happy. Mine is not big into being a lap dog, but when he wants his time it is time! They are small dogs. The are leggy and get a little taller than some small breeds but they do not have a lot of weight. They are not "yappy" little dogs either so they are nice apartment dogs. Small toy breeds....there are a number I would not want in an apartment.

Go to you tube and type in chinese crested. You will get to see some grooming tips and other really cute clips.

Congrats on your new dog. I am glad you were able to get her. YOu will not be disappointed.

Mine is white and his name is Tug...Tug A War because he constantly wants you to play tug with a toy.

Peggy

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
It was kind of funny, when we started talking about me actually adopting her, the lady said, I wanted to let you know that she is missing a few teeth, but it doesn't affect her ability to eat dog food.

I knew that her jaw was a little crooked. She sustained some type of injury before she was rescued that was never treated, because of that she lost a few teeth. Chinese Crested (I think it's the hairless ones who have a tendency to lose them more often) have a tendency to lose teeth anyway, so that was not a shocker, nor was it something that turned me off of her.

The funny thing was when I said, well, I won't judge her for not having a couple of teeth if she doesn't judge me for not losing the weight from my 2nd child (or my 3rd, or my 4th :rofl:).

She said, see that's why I want you to have her!

I don't think anyone knows better than people here when I say, I don't care. There's just something about her that tells me she belongs with our family. I wouldn't have cared it if affected her ability to eat regular dog food. I've seen enough parrots on this board with major disabilities who have thrived and lived a full life full of love under the care of people here. A few teeth missing? A crooked jaw? Doesn't bother me a bit. She's beautiful!

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
They are very nice dogs. Mine is quite active though...in a nice quiet way. But I am using mine for performance sports ie...flyball. They are just the cutest little dogs and always seem to be smiling and happy. Mine is not big into being a lap dog, but when he wants his time it is time! They are small dogs. The are leggy and get a little taller than some small breeds but they do not have a lot of weight. They are not "yappy" little dogs either so they are nice apartment dogs. Small toy breeds....there are a number I would not want in an apartment.

Go to you tube and type in chinese crested. You will get to see some grooming tips and other really cute clips.

Congrats on your new dog. I am glad you were able to get her. YOu will not be disappointed.

Mine is white and his name is Tug...Tug A War because he constantly wants you to play tug with a toy.

Peggy
Peggy, that's one thing that the foster mom has said amazes her. It's as if the moment she tasted freedom, she completely forgot the first part of her life. She said she prances around as if she knows she's just a beautiful little dog and she doesn't get what any one thinks. She loves to lay in your lap and just be loved or she loves to get down and play with the foster mom's 3 year old. I am just so happy right now I could burst!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It was kind of funny, when we started talking about me actually adopting her, the lady said, I wanted to let you know that she is missing a few teeth, but it doesn't affect her ability to eat dog food.

I knew that her jaw was a little crooked. She sustained some type of injury before she was rescued that was never treated, because of that she lost a few teeth. Chinese Crested (I think it's the hairless ones who have a tendency to lose them more often) have a tendency to lose teeth anyway, so that was not a shocker, nor was it something that turned me off of her.

The funny thing was when I said, well, I won't judge her for not having a couple of teeth if she doesn't judge me for not losing the weight from my 2nd child (or my 3rd, or my 4th :rofl:).

She said, see that's why I want you to have her!

I don't think anyone knows better than people here when I say, I don't care. There's just something about her that tells me she belongs with our family. I wouldn't have cared it if affected her ability to eat regular dog food. I've seen enough parrots on this board with major disabilities who have thrived and lived a full life full of love under the care of people here. A few teeth missing? A crooked jaw? Doesn't bother me a bit. She's beautiful!
Yes, they are still beautiful.

Teeth...the powder puffs need full set of teeth (for confirmation). The hairless do not. You will notice the teeth tend to be pointy like puppy teeth...they are this way as an adult. They call this primitive teeth and this breed has these type of teeth. Also in breeding the hairless gene needs to meet a hairy gene. Two hairless genes is a fatal gene and the pup will not make it to gestation.

Looking forward to hearing about the home coming....pacing along with mom.

Peggy

Markie

Strolling the yard
She's a doll! I'm so glad you are adopting her.. can't wait to see pictures of her in her new forever home!

Hurricane

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kat
I just wanted to say congratulations! I also wanted to add that hairless dogs (with the exception of the American Hairless Terrier) have incomplete dentition. They usually do not have their pre molars and it is very rare for one to.

Status
Not open for further replies.