• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hades Update.

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
Hades is Amazing!! He is making new friends and loves to be a hair decoration for me!!!! :heart::heart: He is so adorable! Loves to “use” the phone, type on the computer, and yes he helps me play candy crush!!! He has learned how to land himself purposely now.. he loves his window sill and to land on the edge of the lizard cages and visit with them!! We will be working on learning words and talking soon!! We want to thank EVERYONE that gave advice and help so he could grow up and be a healthy happy baby!! 0838F6AC-9AD3-4328-895F-E7E2DF93DFAA.jpeg F327708D-87C1-490E-9164-3359B1E7EEE5.jpeg

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Ohhhh my word! You are daring I don't know if I can let my baby birdie be that close to a kitty cat oh my! How in the world do you stay calm? We have a dog in the house and he's just a little too interested in my bird I'm always on guard when my little guy is out even though he's on my shoulder the whole time.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a cutie. :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahww he is adorable! You have done such a good job Raising him!
I wouldn’t let him be on your cats back though:) One scratch from a cat could transfer bacteria that could kill him. Even the most gentle cats are predators. I keep my cats and birds seperate. One time a few years back, I had to grab something in my room, I didn’t even open my door all they way but Whisky(cat) was on the other side of the door and Henkie on the floor. Whisky is a cat with ‘zero hunting instict’, but yet he charged inside and scratched Henkie’s beak. Luckily no lethal bacteria were transferred, but off there were I could have lost my little boy. Then there are also instances where the predator eats the prey.. even more horrifying.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hades is quite the dashing dare devil perching on the cat! Usually it does not end well for the bird & all it takes is one ill-fated second no matter how "tame" the cat might be...

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
Ohhhh my word! You are daring I don't know if I can let my baby birdie be that close to a kitty cat oh my! How in the world do you stay calm? We have a dog in the house and he's just a little too interested in my bird I'm always on guard when my little guy is out even though he's on my shoulder the whole time.
My cats are awesome!! They just seem to know what’s off limits to them... they also let my lizards crawl on them!! My dogs are the same way.. although with Hades they get a little over excited so they stay crated while he’s out with me.. he lands on their crates to visit and they look but they know better than to touch! I’ve always had big and small pets.. and everyone is used to each other.. my cats are 10 almost 11 years old.. so they just know and don’t mind the little’s...

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
Ahww he is adorable! You have done such a good job Raising him!
I wouldn’t let him be on your cats back though:) One scratch from a cat could transfer bacteria that could kill him. Even the most gentle cats are predators. I keep my cats and birds seperate. One time a few years back, I had to grab something in my room, I didn’t even open my door all they way but Whisky(cat) was on the other side of the door and Henkie on the floor. Whisky is a cat with ‘zero hunting instict’, but yet he charged inside and scratched Henkie’s beak. Luckily no lethal bacteria were transferred, but off there were I could have lost my little boy. Then there are also instances where the predator eats the prey.. even more horrifying.
My cats are used to my lizards... that they let crawl on them.. they just seem to know not to touch! I am always right with them.. and Hades doesn’t make a habit of being on the cats he prefers me.. he was exploring.. but my cats are just used to it.. they don’t chase birds outside either.. they have an outdoor enclosure for summer and birds land on it and they do nothing!!!

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
Hades is quite the dashing dare devil perching on the cat! Usually it does not end well for the bird & all it takes is one ill-fated second no matter how "tame" the cat might be...
No worries.. this isn’t a habit and my cats don’t seem to know they are predators.. they chase nothing!! Lol..