• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Haching Eggs!

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
Awwwww yisss. Got a new (used) incubator. Went to talk to our bird provider at the trades day, she told me she would give me two peafowl eggs she didn't want to mess with. It's a low success rate, but I may see if I can button or blue quail eggs as well. If I'm lucky, maybe a peasant egg too! Just gotta get the incubator stable and go grab the eggs tomorrow!

Whoop!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope they hatch for you!

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
It's a very low chance, eggs are so delicate. However any other eggs I get will hatch. Can't wait for the button quail, I am overly fond of them!

AzaleaMist

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
That sounds like fun. Button quail are adorable but I don't know anything about them.

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
They are cute little ground birds. Very prone to "bonking". Bonking is flying strait up in an enclosure or cage and walking their little heads! They are fed very differently, needing much higher protein. They are a tad messy as far as poo, but their cute coo more than makes up for it!

AzaleaMist

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I have seen them in one of the small local pet stores recently. They sound like they don't belong in a pet store at all but allowed outside?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Best of luck :)

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
I always kept mine inside. The thong to remember is they need MUCH floor space... And no standing on cage bars, they can get nasty foot problems. Also the males can be exceedingly aggressive. I always had a better time keeping only females!