• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gypsy LOVES the new birdie bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
Hey guys, I posted last week on here about a variation for my ekkie's mash (oh, the conure eats it too, but its more for Gypsy's health). I decided to change up their birdie bread too and its a HIT! :laughing12:

I used:
Store brand Pumpkin bread mix
2 eggs
3 tbsp Red Palm Oil (the box said 3 tbsp oil)
1 container mashed blue berries
1 container mashed black berries (in place of the 1c water the box called for)
finely chopped papaya & seeds
Featherriffic to thicken up the mix as the berries left it really thin! I realized after it was in the over I could have used oats too. :rolleyes:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds yummy!! Thanks for the recipe :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing a fantastic recipe

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
That sounds delicious!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sounds yummy! May I ask what are the ingredients in Featherriffic? :)

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
Featheriffic: (copied from this site Avitech Exotic Birds - Supplies, Equipment and Nutritional Supplements for Birds!)

• Ingredients:
  • corn meal, calcium phosphate, flaxseed meal, wheat germ oil, iron proteinate, calcium carbonate, l-lysine, choline chloride, di-methione, potassium chloride, cane molasses, di-alpha tocopheryl (vitamin E), magnesium oxide, sodium chloride, vitamin B12, vitamin C, I-asparic acid, biotin, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, l-arginine, riboflavin (vitamin B2), copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), inositol, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), d-calcium pantothenate, soy lecithin, para-aminobenzoic acid, papaya, pancreatin, pepsin, proteinase, beta-carotene, niacinamide, niacin, vitamin A, acetate, vitamin D3, folic acid, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol, vitamin K, cobalt carbonate, potassium iodide, sodium selenite.

Its used to promote feather growth. My conure is a major plucker and Gypsy is a hormonal plucker, which is why she has a yellow ring around her neck. I normally put this on their dinner veggies, but having it baked into the bread really helps.

I should add that the bread didn't rise as it normally should, no doubt because of how much berry juice was in it. I used 2 8x13 pans and baked for almost an hour at 350. I checked it after 45 minutes. My breads are always really gooey in the middle, which is why I let it bake so long. It cooked all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.