• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Guess what I am attempting?

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
That is so awesome! Lucky birdies! :)

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
As finished as it is going to get until the new toys and ladders get here! The flock are giving it the stink eye so I think I will let it set for a few days and see if they venture over on their own. Yes, the floor is a mess. Today is cleaning cages and floors in between shopping breaks. LoL!
Finished 1.jpg Finished 2.jpg Finished 3.jpg Finished 4.jpg Finished 5.jpg Finished 6.jpg Finished 7.jpg

ellecee

Sitting on the front steps
As finished as it is going to get until the new toys and ladders get here! The flock are giving it the stink eye so I think I will let it set for a few days and see if they venture over on their own. Yes, the floor is a mess. Today is cleaning cages and floors in between shopping breaks. LoL!

That looks amazing! Did you do anything special to prep the grapewood? Also, would you mind sharing what your base is made of? Thanks so much! I'd love to have my husband make me one.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
wow looks like a sculpture & fun!

Just be careful it wasn't sprayed with pesticide or has unwanted insects living in it..:spider:

Last edited:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
That looks amazing! Did you do anything special to prep the grapewood? Also, would you mind sharing what your base is made of? Thanks so much! I'd love to have my husband make me one.
Nothing special to prep the wood this time. Too large to bake. It was sprayed down with f10 a couple times and left outside to dry. Base is a 1/2 inch thick 2ftx2ft plywood whith plexiglass on top of it (easy to clean, fids can't get to the glued wood). You can also place tiles or linoleum down, but I chose plexi because I have the drill bit to put holes in to mount it to the bottom, under the grape wood.

wow looks like a sculpture & fun!

Just be careful it wasn't sprayed with pesticide or has unwanted insects living in it..:spider:
No treatments for this wood. It was in 100 acres of woods in the middle of nowhere, down an old dirt road, that a friend of mine just purchased that hasn't had humans since 1800's. It was awesome exploring!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Finally have it where / how I want it and set up for Ernie Bird to enjoy. It may change in the future, but Ernie can climb on it from his cage and has great grip. He seems to love it so far!
20170527_131244.jpg