• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gryphon~Ambassador Of Mousebirds Extraordinaire!{pic, & details of upcoming event!!!!}

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
While Gryphon visited at Susanne's{thanks Susanne a million times over:hug8:} She took him on a trip to the Bird Lover's Club Meeting in Pembroke Pines, FL last year. Susanne forwarded an e-mail she just received for this month's upcoming events. A photo of Gryphon on the vet's head was nominated as last year's Best Pic!:D Susanne shared how Gryphon had to fly to everyone's head, landing and preening there. The vet & everyone couldn't get over how friendly he was, and didn't want to fly away.
He's a little lover! :swoon:
Here he is with the vet

If you happen to be near the Pembroke Pines area this Sunday, our own Daria Feinstein will be giving a talk about her wild Blue and Gold Macaw flock.
here are the details

Bird Lovers Club

The Bird Lovers Club
joyseagal@aol.com
954-441-1967

When:
Sunday January 15, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM EST

Where:
Howard C. Forman Resource Park
8331 S. Palm Drive
Pembroke Pines, FL 33025
8331 Palm Cir, Pembroke Pines, FL 33025 - Google Maps

Daria Feinstein is driving in from Coral Gables, FL to share her incredible story of how she has been feeding and taking care of a wild flock of 20 Blue and Gold Macaws for the last 16 years and shows never seen before footage of an up and coming documentary about "Fuzzy" and the gang!​
We can't wait to meet you!​

Last edited:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats Gryphon! What a handsome boy!!:dance5::heart: I would love to hear Daria talk about the wild macaws! Are you going Carole?

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Oooh, I used to be a member, but is was just sooo far. And being on Sunday morning is tough if you want to go to church too. But I will definitely try to make this one :)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gryphon is amazing. :)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Congrats Carole, he is so cute :hug8: I wish I could go to FL to see all of you:hug8::hug8::hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Congrats Gryphon! What a handsome boy!!:dance5::heart: I would love to hear Daria talk about the wild macaws! Are you going Carole?
Thanks Judy:hug8: No, it is very far from here. I have been invited to another event, parrots in the park this weekend. And it is also the day the bird dinner meets, and also the first bird show of the year. Have to decide if I can go to any of them.

Oooh, I used to be a member, but is was just sooo far. And being on Sunday morning is tough if you want to go to church too. But I will definitely try to make this one :)
That would be cool if you go...it's past Miami, right?

Gryphon is amazing. :)
Yes I agree!!!! He is amazing!
Thank you Marian & Lauren.:hug8:
Congrats Carole, he is so cute :hug8: I wish I could go to FL to see all of you:hug8::hug8::hug8:
Thank you Denise.:hug8:You are always welcome!:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
What a silly bird...LOL When I gave a talk about mousebirds are the club meeting I just tossed Gryphon in the air and he circulated to all the members all during the speech. He would land on a persons head, nestle down and preen both himself and the persons hair. I believe he visited with everyone, because he had almost an hour of free flying time.

People were amazed how calm he was considering he was in this huge room and didn't panic and crash into walls, and he was friendly to everyone.

The vet he is on is Sam Backos, from Deerfield Bch. It was his first experience with a mousebird.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
What a bird . Hope I can meet him some day.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations..he is awesome!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Haha congrats Gryphon!! I can see why he was a big hit!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.