• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grumpy female budgie

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
Ella has been very grouchy as of late! She was doing very well with coming out of her cage and stepping up, but now if I try to touch her she bites me. She also doesn’t want to come out at all. I leave the door open but she just stays on her perch. Is she just feeling hormonal? Her cere tends to go back and forth from blue to brown. It’s mostly blue right now, so I thought that would mean she was less nesty?

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
Just to update, I got her out last night finally. I put a pen in as a perch to see if she would take that instead of my finger and she flew out and on top of her cage. After that she stepped up and let me pet her a little.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Just to update, I got her out last night finally. I put a pen in as a perch to see if she would take that instead of my finger and she flew out and on top of her cage. After that she stepped up and let me pet her a little.

Glad she has begun to step up again, and wow, petting her? Huge step. I have never seen my Fiona's cere change, even though in 3 days she will have been here a year. Not sure why that might be, maybe it will change in the spring, who knows.

YellowFeather

Checking out the neighborhood
She may just be hormonal, female budgies can be aggressive and are usually more difficult to train than males are. Keep training her one step at a time! Good job.

-Yellowfeather