• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grooming eyelashes....anywhere else?

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
Sunflower is obsessed with mouths. She will twist our lips and chew on our teeth. She is also quick. She will jump in your mouth while you're talking or eating. She is getting better and stopping when asked to stop, though. And she loves goving kisses.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Tikki, the sun, and Beni, the alpha gcc male, are both more than happy to clean my teeth if I'm fool enough to let them.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Tikki & I had a face-off discussion.
@SandraK, I cannot stop laughing. I'm sorry if I offend, I don't mean to. But it sure sounds like you nave a lot of experience and so thank you, thank you, thank you for re-homing Tiki and putting up with his antics. He sounds adorable. Even with my children, when they were really naughty, I would have to have a "face off discussion" (this is the best, I'm going to use your saying @SandraK) and be stern but then I would walk out and crack up. They are too cute! Even after they do something from a behavioral issue from another home, take a look at their face...with their beaks...oh lord, I melt. I can't help myself.

Jump in your mouth?! I cannot stop laughing! This is so much fun!!!

How about moles? Dang, who needs a doctor when you are a parront? They'll remove them for free!

Last edited:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My lovies insist on grooming my face and hands, and Turnip in particular grooms my eyelids and eyelashes religiously and oh-so-gently. :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
@SandraK, I cannot stop laughing. I'm sorry if I offend, I don't mean to. But it sure sounds like you nave a lot of experience and so thank you, thank you, thank you for re-homing Tiki and putting up with his antics. He sounds adorable. Even with my children, when they were really naughty, I would have to have a "face off discussion" (this is the best, I'm going to use your saying @SandraK) and be stern but then I would walk out and crack up. They are too cute! Even after they do something from a behavioral issue from another home, take a look at their face...with their beaks...oh lord, I melt. I can't help myself.

Jump in your mouth?! I cannot stop laughing! This is so much fun!!!

How about moles? Dang, who needs a doctor when you are a parront? They'll remove them for free!
Well the face off came when I went to change his water, opened the cage door and put my hand in his cage and he gave me "a look". That was when it came down to brass tacks (English saying in my family=no bluffing). :piratenbird: I looked at him, he looked at me and one of us realized someone had to give in. :rpg10: He got his food and water changed and I wasn't bitten then or ever since. :holiday1

Tik doesn't go after moles but he does chew clothing seams - the tiels & gccs are more likely to try eating moles or birth marks.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Oh my goodness @SandraK!! You have a busy house and I would :surrender: if I were there too! Smart birdie!! See how intelligent they are? :loveit:
How many extra fids would you like? Tiels or gccs? Those two probably account for approx 30 of the birds in my flock. Good, naughty or bad? Couples or singles?:devil:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Aw, that's very cute. I also love the name Luna, but it's a very popular pet name, so lots of birds are named Luna! What name did you get?
I am ashamed to admit I can't remember at the moment!:lol:

Last edited: