• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Griffin is hurt!

Parrotsrpeeple

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josh
I am listening. We were just trying to let him relax. He's in his cage right now sleeping. The vet claims she checked his wing but we never saw it. im gonna leave him for a few days

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I am listening. We were just trying to let him relax. He's in his cage right now sleeping. The vet claims she checked his wing but we never saw it. im gonna leave him for a few days
I do believe he needs to get straight back to that vet. How could she have missed something like that???

Sending prayers....

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I do believe he needs to get straight back to that vet. How could she have missed something like that???

Sending prayers....
If the wound is not too big and its covered with the feathers, its possible i dont know.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I think what he is saying is the vet did not miss it, they just didn't see the vet check it so assumed s/he missed it. The vet would have seen it hence, the antibiotic and painkiller shots. The vet not specifically addressing the gash with them is odd.

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I think what he is saying is the vet did not miss it, they just didn't see the vet check it so assumed s/he missed it. The vet would have seen it hence, the antibiotic and painkiller shots. The vet not specifically addressing the gash with them is odd.
Ah I see, thanks for clarifying :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sending healing thoughts out to Griffin...

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
It means he doesn't understand or is skeptical :)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Sending prayers and hugs your lil fid is ok ..you should really go back to the vet ..any wound needs to be treated :)

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
Griffin's doing better. He's chirping quite a lot compared to the last two days and the wound is sort of scabbing. He let's us examine his wing at one cost: good scritches

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
So you have 2 birds, and in the last month they've both been attacked by the dog?

:nocomment:
Nope, griffin and his adventurous mind keeps finding ways to open his cage. The dog is scared of nico after he drew blood on her nose for sniffing him.... the dog is happy to eat griffin...