• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Griffin is hurt!

Parrotsrpeeple

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josh
I put Griffin back I'm his cage 30 minutes ago and all of a sudden I hear loud chirping. I go to the room where his cage is. . I see him on the floor on his back with my dog standing over him. I'm on the way to the vet with him rn. He's not well. We think that the dog bit him maybe. His feathers are all over the floor. Please help

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Oh no! Isn't this the second time the dog has got to him? I hope he'll be okay. It's good that you're on your way to the vet. I hope they can help!!

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
He got two injections. An antibiotic and a pain killer. He's gonna be in the cage for a few days covered to rest.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Hope he recovers quickly and without any major problems! Keep him warm, stay calm, and keep the dog out of his room. How did the dog get him out of the cage?

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
Well
today when we put him back, my brother forgot to put on his lock and we found him laying on his back playing dead to survive.

JessieW

poor baby :( hope for speedy recovery!!

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
he's doing better. he's becoming more relaxed and starting to calm down. Nico is trying to comfort him i think. they were sitting on the couch and nico was preening griffin and trying to sing with him

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Poor Griffin. I am so sorry he was injured.

The dog needs to be kept out of the bird room. The next time you may not be so "lucky"

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
we just looked under his wing. stupid vet didnt even check it. BIG BLOODY GASH RIGHT UNDER IT. no wonder he's been dragging his wing a bit lower than his right one

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I'm so sorry this happened. :sadhug2:
I hope you can get him back to the vet as soon as possible and that he makes a full recovery soon.
Saying a quick prayer for him.

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
my moms on the phone with her right now. he's not himself. he's not running around, chirping or anything. hes quietly sitting on my moms hand

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
He got two injections. An antibiotic and a pain killer. He's gonna be in the cage for a few days covered to rest.
Sorry but why is he out with Nico and on the couch? Shouldn't he be in his cage, covered and resting? Not only is he injured but he has had quite a shock. He probably should not be being handled. He needs rest, warmth, dark and quiet.

Please don't be handling him to take pictures for the forum. Let the vet take care of the injury and follow the vet's instructions. The first 24 hours after such an incident are crucial. I hope he recovers and all is well.

Last edited:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I can't follow this thread. I am getting upset. If he was at the vet at approximately 5pm with such an injury he should not be out on the couch at 7PM. Handling him and letting Nico preen him could worsen the injury. Of course he is not running around and chirping. You certainly should not be thinking about pictures. Please, please think about your bird's needs and put him first.

Parrotsrpeeple

Real Name
Josh
I am listening. We were just trying to let him relax. He's in his cage right now sleeping. The vet claims she checked his wing but we never saw it. im gonna leave him for a few days