• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greetings From The Steel City

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! I live in Pittsburgh too. I will keep an eye out for you.

Ellie's Momma

Moving in
Good Morning everybody! Your are correct, yes I am in the Pittsburgh area! I have looked and responded on the Craig List posts for African Greys and I never got a response back on some of my inquires and when one person did respond they were located in Michigan! Way too far for me! I am so happy I found this forum. I have learned so much from reading the posts, and the neighborhood is such a friendly place. Kudos to the administrators! Off to find out how I upload pics of my babies! Will post as soon I figure things out!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Good Morning everybody! Your are correct, yes I am in the Pittsburgh area! I have looked and responded on the Craig List posts for African Greys and I never got a response back on some of my inquires and when one person did respond they were located in Michigan! Way too far for me! I am so happy I found this forum. I have learned so much from reading the posts, and the neighborhood is such a friendly place. Kudos to the administrators! Off to find out how I upload pics of my babies! Will post as soon I figure things out!
If you look under rehome highway, A Helping Wing has a number of Greys available for adoption. They're located near Philadelphia (but in NJ). It's a distance from Pittsburgh but you could talk to Jen about how to proceed if you were interested.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you! Going to check out C&B Birds website now! Again thank you!
The store has been on my list of places to check out. I haven't been there but have emailed with the owner before and she seems nice. They seem to have various bird events throughout the year, etc.

Ellie's Momma

Moving in
Well I called right away yesterday and I missed the African Grey by a day. The gentleman told me he just sold it the day before. Sad face. Well I now have C&B on my desk top and I will check it often through out the day. Thank you again for the information. The search continues!!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well I called right away yesterday and I missed the African Grey by a day. The gentleman told me he just sold it the day before. Sad face. Well I now have C&B on my desk top and I will check it often through out the day. Thank you again for the information. The search continues!!!!
Aww. So sorry. He went fast then because I don't think the post was there last week.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Welcome!