• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greenwing or Scarlett

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
I bought a Centurion 40 x 30 X 77 for Blu. We both love it (me & him). Centurionaviaries.com/cages

1011172028.jpg

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That looks great, but I guess I should have mentioned I'm leaning to a playtop, as our birds are out all day and I don't have room for separate stands. lol

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Centurion has play tops too. Quality is great and lower cost than Avian Adventures. I looked at several different brands at bird fairs before picking mine. We had the cage before we got Blu from the breeder. Blu has his own room that was our sun room off our bedroom. He has 2 play stands for when he is out, which is most of the time during the day.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Just curious if anyone has any input on cages for my guy Scooby. Avian Adventures Grande or A&E? Any suggestions are great. Trying to keep my budget in mind, can't afford SS. Thanks in advance.

I don't like the thin powder coating on A&E. JMO.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like Avian Adventures cages. I have one A&E and I like the AAs much better. I have a Loro, four Chiquitas and three Medianas. They are solid and easy to put together. The trays on the A&E, IMO, are flimsy and the bars appear to be thinner (lower gauge) than comparable AA cages.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Sounds good. I have an AA for my blue and gold, but was just wondering on A&E because of price difference. I will go AA most likely but any other brand input is welcome.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Sounds good. I have an AA for my blue and gold, but was just wondering on A&E because of price difference. I will go AA most likely but any other brand input is welcome.

DONT buy a Silverado dome top: they're poorly made and can be dangerous.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wayfair is having their Way Day sale today. Supposedly big savings on almost everything. No more Avian Adventures, though, but there are other cage brands available.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I definitely won't by Silverado. I hadvone and hated it so bad, I sold it. I'll check out wayfair, but pretty sure I'm getting the AA today.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I have a cage I love from "Palace Cages." They're custom made from a man named Paul Draper in New York. Not cheap, but very well made, and I had input on all features. Also, he was will to make some parts stainless (parts that take more abuse, like the grate, the swing-out feeder doors, etc.) while the rest is cold-rolled steel. He also the stainless bowls for me himself - very heavy duty. I'd buy from him again in a heart beat. His cages are beautiful and can be any size you want. Mine is 5x3.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Ok I have another baby question. What age should I introduce him to showers?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He's ready now.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Yes now! He'll love them right away is my bet!

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Sounds good. Will introduce him in the morning. He is so excited about flying, it is all he wants to do. My Scooby is such a sweety.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
When Annie was going through that stage, flying was all she wanted to do. Don't be surprised or hurt if he becomes a bit aloof: he'll be focused on flight.

Kateyann

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a male Greenwing and he's lot of fun. He's never bitten me and I've had him for more than 20 years. He was an adult when I got him. I don't know much about other macaws, but my experience with a Greenwing has been great.