• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green cheek vs peach fronted conure

Caerus the gcc

Sitting on the front steps
Hello, so I'm interested in getting a possible peach fronted conure. I just wanted to know the difference between them and green cheek conures. Mostly the noise level, but anything else would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I have limited experience with peach fronted conures, but I have met a few and we have one long term boarder at the rescue. I actually considered adopting one awhile ago, but it didn't work out.

Noise level will obviously depend on the bird. All of the peach fronteds that I have met have been very quiet, but I have never had one in my house. I have never heard the long term boarder scream. She is a very quiet bird, especially considering her mate is a sun conure lol. I have heard babies who were louder, but even then they just had a small voice. People on here who actually have one will hopefully pipe in with their volume .:)
My green cheek is quiet..... except when he wants my attention/I leave the room. While his flock call isn't bad, the non-bird people in my family dislike it, and it can get irritating. Other than that he makes adorable quacks and chirps for noises, and he imitates noises very well. Green cheeks are generally considered one of the quieter conures.
I can try to get a video of Grumbles' flock calls if you want, and I would for Jane the PFC but she doesn't do that lol.

I have noticed that PFC usually aren't quiet as hands-on/cuddly as green cheeks, but again this depends on the bird.

Other than that they are roughly the same size (PFC are just a tad larger) and would require roughly the same amount of care. I know there isn't much info, but if you search Peach Fronted Conure in the search box a few threads will show up. :)