1. ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  2. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green Cheek Conures (many)

Discussion in 'Exit 3 - Feathered Friends of Michigan' started by webchirp, 12/6/16.

1. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Rollerblading along the road

Just saw some pictures on petfinder and thought they looked familiar. How is the adoption process coming along? You mentioned a pair were you believe the yellowsided is male and think the turquoise to be female. What makes you think that ? I try to find out my guys sex through behavior.

webchirp likes this.
  2. Pikatoo

Pikatoo Meeting neighbors

Jasmine
    Where are you selling? :joyful:

webchirp likes this.
  3. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Those three were adopted by Dr. Orosz' daughter. Yes, based on behavior and egg bum confirmation nowadays. When they are in a flock the females appear to be much more submissive and hang back. I still have 8 to be adopted and Marie has 12 so we still have a lot of cheekies. I have a turquoise pair, a turquoise and pineapple pair, a pineapple pair and two bratty brothers who are normal cheeks. Marie does have a little yellow sided left in her bunch.

The one turquoise guy/gal that has me confused, Boober, would be a wonderful little pal with a friend. S/he always follows me around and lets me rub my forehead on his. And just soaks up the attention when you talk to him. So far when they are adopted and away from the flock, they seem to really come out of their shell and tame up nicely. It would be wonderful to hook them up with their own forever homes. I can't believe it's been over a year!

They are available for adoption through Feathered Friends of MI in Milan, MI. Although we can work with anyone's approved rescue to do the visit etc and work on transportation. There is an adoption fee but typically much, much less than buying a cheek.

If interested, fill out an adoption application and email it to ffom@me.com. Please be kind when waiting for a response as Marie is very busy with work and her own small children. You can also message me to follow-up if you haven't heard anything.

Adoption & Policy - Feathered Friends of Michigan Parrot Rescue

faislaq and Pipsqueak like this.
  4. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Rollerblading along the road

webchirp likes this.
  5. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Pineapple pair...girl is on the right...confirmed now by eggs :wideyed:

pineapple pair.jpg

Clueless likes this.
  6. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Beautiful birdies

webchirp likes this.
  7. VictoryCC124

VictoryCC124 Strolling the yard

Shanna
    I'd be happy to foster (probably turn into adopting..) any of these babies. But I'm in southern MN :(

webchirp likes this.
  8. webchirp

Chandra
    We had two of our bebes come back. They are very chatty and previous owner worked nights. But it is our tamest yellow sided and his girlfriend a cinnamon cheekie.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)